Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

» Spotlight
Imaginarium Mazinkaiser DGK PCS Juri Tweeterhead Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #21
ParisDean
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
ParisDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I never read his Marvel stuff. What made it bad?
This alternate opinion considers his Marvel work to be the best of his career: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-all-time.html
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #22
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member
 
VaultMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kang's time ship
Posts: 47,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Very little character development, slow and plodding, just dull.
Ive also found his work to be pretty...I dont know...if slow is the right now...methodical? I mean he does try to make a point with his writing, it just takes a while to get their?

Def an acquired taste - like Bendis or even Morrison
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #23
Mister H
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
This alternate opinion considers his Marvel work to be the best of his career: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-all-time.html
I noticed his Avengers Ominibus vol 1 is getting kind of pricey. I think I'll check out his Image stuff.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Ive also found his work to be pretty...I dont know...if slow is the right now...methodical? I mean he does try to make a point with his writing, it just takes a while to get their?

Def an acquired taste - like Bendis or even Morrison
Probably fair. Can’t stand Morrison’s writing, with the exception of All Star Superman. I liked Bendis’ work on Alias, Daredevil and New Avengers.
__________________


Gene Colan Dracula? In Hand!!
And The Monster of Frankenstein? In Hand!!
Next? Will we ever see Werewolf by Night?!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #25
Demona
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 11,487
X-Men is just such a confusing hot mess of books for me that it's hard to figure out what to read that has substance and connects together. I try to get back in, but it's daunting. So daunting that I usually stop trying.....go back to my long boxes....and pull out the beautifully drawn and written Claremont comics and early 90s X-Men.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #26
The Dark Knight
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
X-Men is just such a confusing hot mess of books for me that it's hard to figure out what to read that has substance and connects together. I try to get back in, but it's daunting. So daunting that I usually stop trying.....go back to my long boxes....and pull out the beautifully drawn and written Claremont comics and early 90s X-Men.
I recommend X-Men Blue by Cullen Bunn. And Try Omnibuses, they usually collect the good stuff in them.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #27
ParisDean
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.
 
ParisDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
X-Men is just such a confusing hot mess of books for me that it's hard to figure out what to read that has substance and connects together. I try to get back in, but it's daunting. So daunting that I usually stop trying.....go back to my long boxes....and pull out the beautifully drawn and written Claremont comics and early 90s X-Men.
I don't consider anything published after Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run to be essential X-Men reading.

Bendis' story bringing the original team forward in time was good at first (Kitty Pryde warning adult Cyclops that he's never allowed to be alone with teen Jean Grey ever, was one of the more memorable scenes), but it went on too long. It should have been a maxi-series.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I don't consider anything published after Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run to be essential X-Men reading.

Bendis' story bringing the original team forward in time was good at first (Kitty Pryde warning adult Cyclops that he's never allowed to be alone with teen Jean Grey ever, was one of the more memorable scenes), but it went on too long. It should have been a maxi-series.
I agree. I really liked it at first but bailed after the first year or so. It just lost steam.
__________________


Gene Colan Dracula? In Hand!!
And The Monster of Frankenstein? In Hand!!
Next? Will we ever see Werewolf by Night?!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #29
XSE
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 1,581
So Hickman has now said that this is not an alt-universe or time travel story, it looks like the references to the past will be the “data pages” that will be included in the issues, I guess somewhat streamlining and explaining the history of the X-Men. Also read that Cannonball and Sunspot will not be a part of his X-Men.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com