Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #2951
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I would have gone for an unexpected ending.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #2952
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Jon: "I killed the Queen."

Greyworm: "I loved my queen who saved me from bondage and you and I have developed animosity between us. I've also shown myself to kill those who I dislike with ease."

Jon: "..."

Greyworm: "Therefore it makes sense to keep to laws and order. You are to be incarcerated and call the High Lords of this land which include your family to decide what to do with you and will likely lead to you not being executed."

Jon: "Well, okay then."
I think if Grey Worm executed Jon Snow, the North and the Free Folk would have declared war on the Unsullied.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #2953
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #2954
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Truly objective...

Every character fell into their exact archetype in the end. It was so predictable.

Cersei and Jamie die together.
Tyrion becomes the hand.
Samwell becomes a grand maester.
Danny goes mad and breaks the cycle.
Arya goes exploring.
Sansa becomes royalty.
John goes back to his duties on the wall after saving the North.

All this was established in the first episode. Zero point zero surprises. Zero.

The writing was just dreadful. Everything was anti-climatic. The entire show came to an absolute screeching halt. When Danny gets stabbed I’m like “ok, johns taking that dragon and burning these bastards!”. Nope. It flies off after having a tantrum.

Then I’m like “ok...the North showed up with an army. Let’s go!”. Nope. Apparently the unsullied and savages are exempt from being trialed for the mass slaughtering of people and given ships!!!

Why would the unsullied keep Snow alive? The guy was a prisoner long enough to grow a beard.

Why is there still a wall? The walkers are dead. The wildlings are cool now. Do they just hang out there?

Why would Bran get to be king?? Like, nobody understands what the hell he is. He just says really weird s***. Then he says “why do you think I came down here?”. Like, F*** you dude. Did you know this is what was going to happen? Did you know dragons were going to utterly destroy the capital and instead of telling John you just sat there in your bear fur pyjamas?

And the Ironborn! Calling out Cersei as a tyrant while the entire Ironborn fleet is lancing 10 foot arrows at Danny’s dragons! Why would Yara agree to make Bran king given the history of abalone and house Stark/Baratheon?

That last shot around the small council table was like watching the team of GoT misfits. If you pulled together a group of characters I’m least interested in that was pretty much it. And the city is utterly destroyed and what do they talk about? Brothels. Little kids with their faces melted off and these guys are telling jokes.

I would rather John walk up the Danny in front of her army in the first take and stab her in the back Jamie style and die right there and then. Die a martyr.
This is a great post. The show spun wheels in mud for 10 years.

I should've checked out after Season 1, which was so uneventful that it usually took me two or three days to make it through one episode (it was that tedious!!!).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #2955
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

the council listening to tyrion, "a prisoner" and was even asked by the council who should be king is laughable.. the very king who will decide if he lives or not... I was shocked he survived till the end, and worse became hand again. Dany should have killed her the moment he threw the badge. that would be more climatic for me. Tyrion the manipulator indeed. One moment he is a prisoner, after talking to jon, he became the hand of the king and jon is the prisoner.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #2956
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:

There must always be a Stark at Winterfell, right?
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:38 AM   #2957
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
the council listening to tyrion, "a prisoner" and was even asked by the council who should be king is laughable.. the very king who will decide if he lives or not... I was shocked he survived till the end, and worse became hand again. Dany should have killed her the moment he threw the badge. that would be more climatic for me. Tyrion the manipulator indeed. One moment he is a prisoner, after talking to jon, he became the hand of the king and jon is the prisoner.
Yep.tyrion messed up way too many times to live. But his name is first on the credits and the last episode was 80% Tyrion so it seems someone likes him and wanted to leave a Peter a personal legacy.

Lets threaten Cersei about Bran and the incest. Oops.
Lets slap around Joffrey. Oops.
Let’s take Casterly Rock. Oops.
Let’s march north with cerseis army after my secret meeting with her. Oops.
Let’s trust Jamie. Oops.

He is constantly being captured and making bad calls. I love the lil guy but damn he’s not smart. You want him to make good decisions because you want his redemption and he keeps getting his ass kicked.

Danny should have taken his head on the steps.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:53 AM   #2958
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:

Danny: any last words Tyrion?
Tyrion: We have a Hulk
Hulk: Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Everyone in Westeros: Gasp!
*Hulk versus Drogon fight begins. Captain America shield banks off Danny’s face and she falls down the steps.
Tyrion: You were supposed to protect us. Asgard was supposed to protect us!
Everyone else:
Tyrion: *Picks up Thor’s hammer, jumps in the air and lands in the middle of the Dothraki killing half the army.
Vision: *gets stabbed again

Best. Ending. Ever.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:28 AM   #2959
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
This is a great post. The show spun wheels in mud for 10 years.

I should've checked out after Season 1, which was so uneventful that it usually took me two or three days to make it through one episode (it was that tedious!!!).
So uneventful? Season 1 was full of events. How are you not hooked when in Episode 1 you see incest and a boy shoved out of a tower window "for love"? From there you had people attempting to murder the kid in the bed, spouse infighting, murder of a king, evil punk b!tch Joffrey, and the beheading of the beloved Ned Stark?

I'm not sure we watched the same first season. No way could (or did) I check out from that! Hell, i read the books because of it!!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #2960
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
There must always be a Stark at Winterfell, right?
That has been Winterfell's intent and history. Which is why it was sad when it had no Starks.