Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-19-2022, 01:02 PM   #71
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This not being sold out yet is so surprising.
This may be the most perplexing licensed statue ever.
Nothing about it is normal for the hobby at this point.
Agreed..something seems off. Could it be a limited run of 99 and this is the EX or AP . Then it’s an open run after that?
Seems very cheap for that small run and a DC license on a full torso, which like you said is still not sold out.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 03:48 PM   #72
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I think this looks great. If it was fully sculpted I would have been in. I realize that might have had a different price as well. Still almost pulled the trigger. Congrats to those that got one and I hope it comes out as shown in the pictures for you all!
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:45 PM   #73
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

They can't have an open edition size when they said 99. I guess it's possible that 99 was only for one region though
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #74
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Congrats to those that got one and I hope it comes out as shown in the pictures for you all!
I'm always confused when people congratulate other people for buying something. Congrats I had the money to buy this? Congrats I budget well? Congrats I have massive debt? A weird thing that humans do.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:39 PM   #75
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
They can't have an open edition size when they said 99. I guess it's possible that 99 was only for one region though
They can do as many runs of whatever edition sizes they want. Technically these Chinese companies can do whatever they want. They can advertise 99 but make and sell 9999. There is no recourse or regulation.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #76
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
I'm always confused when people congratulate other people for buying something. Congrats I had the money to buy this? Congrats I budget well? Congrats I have massive debt? A weird thing that humans do.
How is that hard to understand? It's simply congrats on buying something you want, as you'll hopefully enjoy it. I'd understand the confusion if people congratulated me for buying groceries or insurance. Nothing wrong with celebrating our expensive toys
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:58 PM   #77
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
They can do as many runs of whatever edition sizes they want. Technically these Chinese companies can do whatever they want. They can advertise 99 but make and sell 9999. There is no recourse or regulation.
You don't know how licensing works. This is an officially licensed piece. DC dictates the license, not the Chinese company who makes the statue.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:44 PM   #78
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
You don't know how licensing works. This is an officially licensed piece. DC dictates the license, not the Chinese company who makes the statue.
You don't know how enforcing an international contract across borders especially China's works.
There is no dictation.

DC merely vaguely approves however many will be produced.
DC's only recourse is whether to allow them future licensing. Often times IP owners believe it to be more beneficial to license a piece than to totally miss out on licensing fees should a Chinese company just decide to make unlicensed stuff as many do.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:58 PM   #79
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Why does anyone offer congratulations for anything. Is there any objectively valid reason to congratulate someone?

As if someone really needs that acknowledgement from a stranger for the actions they took.....

In the end, it's all pretty meaningless.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:14 PM   #80
pdenham
Teen Titans

Congratulations on having the funds and good sense to share my exquisite taste in _____.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote