Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #9231
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Monster View Post
I received my Shin Akuma last week. I have to hand it to Jerry, this is some phenomenal work!! One can only imagine the possibilities of what he could do with characters like the Hulk or Bane, if only he were able to get a 1/4 scale Marvel and DC license. His potential is limitless!!

I cant say enough about this piece! I absolutely love it!! And now Im in the process of paying off a reg Akuma. You really cant have one without the other.
In my opinion, I think both are knockouts and evenly matched. Except for reg Akuma's belt. I think Im going to have to change that up to a rope belt. hahaha!!

I don't understand how factories are allowed to switch up materials, when the producers specifically tell them what to use? Factories should get penalized for cutting corners. Cuz that brown belt looks horrid, and does not look well, or go with the roped hands.

I believe that was Capcoms call on the belt
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #9232
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
I believe that was Capcoms call on the belt
That's quite irritating. They should not change anything once money is exchanged for the product that was advertised for sale.
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #9233
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
That's quite irritating. They should not change anything once money is exchanged for the product that was advertised for sale.
The brown braided rope belt is what he wears in SF4. So it was switched to the appropriate belt based on the look he was modeled after.

In fact, the Shin is incorrect. As he's supposed to have a black Gi belt like Ryu.

Not black braided rope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2112.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	103196  
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #9234
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
The brown braided rope belt is what he wears in SF4. So it was switched to the appropriate belt based on the look he was modeled after.

In fact, the Shin is incorrect. As he's supposed to have a black Gi belt like Ryu.

Not black braided rope.

Black braided rope with Shin looks like a black belt regardless of the braid. So that doesn't bother me at all. Its what was advertised, and money being exchanged, and then switched out to something that looks out of place with those roped hands. Obviously the rope belt was intended to match the roped hands. But anyhow, great pieces nonetheless!!
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #9235
Joppula

Quote:
But was he wearing the brown braided belt with the roped hands at all?

Black braided rope with Shin looks like a black belt regardless of the braid. So that doesn't bother me at all. Its what was advertised, and money being exchanged, and then switched out to something that looks out of place with those roped hands. Obviously the rope belt was intended to match the roped hands. But anyhow, great pieces nonetheless!!
Yes. He's wearing a braided rope belt with ropes on his hands in the picture I posted for you.

And regardless to your preference, or how much Shin's belt "looks like a black belt", if you want accuracy it's Shin's belt that has to be changed.

And TBH, I'll have to go back and see if Shin was "advertised" with this belt. Because I'm not sure that's true.

Honestly I could care less. Just thought it was worth mentioning that you're taking issue with the design choices of the More Accurate version of the statue.

Edit: The Shin doesn't have the same belt as the Preorder pictures either my friend. You have to look closely at this stuff.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2574.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	103197  
Old 03-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #9236
qz33
Doctor Doom

Aww Dang it Jopp beat me to it.

Name:	akuma_t.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	103198

Name:	shin_t.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	103199

Name:	shin_u.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	103200
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #9237
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have reg Akuma and his brown belt doesn't bother me in the slightest. It looks great to me!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #9238
ShinShoryuken
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I have reg Akuma and his brown belt doesn't bother me in the slightest. It looks great to me!
If it was actually Brown, it wouldn't bother me either.

I knew that belt had to go from the second i saw it. Wasn't PCS' fault, they had the perfect idea all along.
Capcom on the other hand......
ShinShoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #9239
ShinShoryuken
Kindly Asked To Leave

And finally found some matching replacement material for his hair. Happy now

ShinShoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #9240
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinShoryuken View Post
If it was actually Brown, it wouldn't bother me either.

I knew that belt had to go from the second i saw it. Wasn't PCS' fault, they had the perfect idea all along.
Capcom on the other hand......
Yeah, those evil bastards. How dare they want his belt to be game accurate or have any input on the characters they created!