Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-19-2019, 02:31 AM   #1171
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^^^ there’s only one option here. I thought it was a joke when they offered only $60. I’ll have to wait a few weeks to get a full exchange after it’s returned. :/
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #1172
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Full exchange, VS don't fix their problems yourself
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #1173
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Ssc got back to me and I had couple options.

1) $60 credit (laughable since it has 1 cm of expose peg to base).
2) Return it for full refund
3) full exchange.

Which one should I take?
Someone else had the same issue but mine went in smooth as silk and cable was at least 5 mm away from the foot.

Option 2 is the right choice here. Unless you are willing to heat up the tube and try to remove but then you are screwed for return or exchange.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:57 PM   #1174
VS1976

Got my replacement. It was still a tight fit but I got it in the leg in her base but it did rub it (so there’s a light mark on it). The reg head has no googly eyes so I am very happy with it. I like the reg head more then the ex.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:59 PM   #1175
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Someone else had the same issue but mine went in smooth as silk and cable was at least 5 mm away from the foot.

Option 2 is the right choice here. Unless you are willing to heat up the tube and try to remove but then you are screwed for return or exchange.
The cable is definitely not 5 mm away from the foot. It’s touching it. I think it’s going to be a b*itch removing it later. I think ssc should had made the cables bendable.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #1176
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

If they did a variant on this one in Diamond form, should her skin be clear resin, clear resin with some shine (sparkles) within it or would you guys prefer them to use almost a pearl like color ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #1177
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Grateful for free shipping and some reward points to lessen the damage on this one.

I just received this SS Emma Frost, and now I understand some of the things I've read online regarding this statue. I think while it's better in person than the photos, it's still one of the most underwhelming statues that I received.

Eyes are wonky on the regular head, so the exclusive head is a must. A bit challenging to change the heads since you will have to remove the arms then insert them back.Cape is not bad, and it needs some patience to pose it.

Overall the statue is ok, and it looks good with the other x-men statues for sure, but average at best if it's a standalone piece.

Note: I think the XM's Emma is better when it comes to pose and sculpt, but I'm not that big a fan of Emma to dish the +$1000 for the XM one...plus this SS fits better in my opinion in my own collection:
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #1178
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Grateful for free shipping and some reward points to lessen the damage on this one.

I just received this SS Emma Frost, and now I understand some of the things I've read online regarding this statue. I think while it's better in person than the photos, it's still one of the most underwhelming statues that I received.

Eyes are wonky on the regular head, so the exclusive head is a must. A bit challenging to change the heads since you will have to remove the arms then insert them back.Cape is not bad, and it needs some patience to pose it.

Overall the statue is ok, and it looks good with the other x-men statues for sure, but average at best if it's a standalone piece.

Note: I think the XM's Emma is better when it comes to pose and sculpt, but I'm not that big a fan of Emma to dish the +$1000 for the XM one...plus this SS fits better in my opinion in my own collection:
This pic is smoking hot. Though, does it make you at all nervous that Sabes' base is hanging off the edge?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #1179
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This pic is smoking hot. Though, does it make you at all nervous that Sabes' base is hanging off the edge?
Thanks!! Not really since I made sure only a little part hanging out, and the main weight of the statue is inside
I need to see your X-MEN setting...have you decided on Juggy yet?
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #1180
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Thanks!! Not really since I made sure only a little part hanging out, and the main weight of the statue is inside
I need to see your X-MEN setting...have you decided on Juggy yet?
I want him so badly. I might bite, we'll see. Still want the new Colossus EX as well.

Unfortunately, my X-Men pieces are in two different rooms. I have cats so I don't have a way to have one large shelf to display all of them together like yours. But, as of today, I have Sabretooth, Rogue, Storm, Jean, X-23, Magneto, Psylocke, Mystique, Apocalypse.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote