Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #841
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Can we at least refer to her as Gamora?
You sure can
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #842
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
You sure can
Sweet! Big congrats to you, btw. Hope you got some sleep ahead of time.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #843
thatkidwhodraws
Artist
Artist

Production is slow due to the holidays and also I'm talking with Nakatomi still about how to go about printing this bad boy. I hate to be a pain in the ass but I wanna make sure this comes out perfect. Instead of risking a brown from blending the gold/red screen, we are going to add a screen specifically for the brown so we can get just the right shade/color

thatkidwhodraws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #844
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Very interesting seeing the process.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #845
cocopup96
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks for the update. While I know that you knew the number of screens before hand, I am amazed that you can deconstruct your art into layers like that. It was really interesting to watch your videos and streams. My wife is going to LOVE this print.
cocopup96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #846
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow UPDATE

Proposed Green Variant...

Last edited by Hellboy; 12-01-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Idea on hold
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #847
Underdog07
Hercules

So the 65 regulars stays set and now we are adding a much lower edition variant. And the extra regulars are now going to be offered to the general public which will severely affect the value of the piece. (Note I am framing mine not selling it but still do not like my collectibles to be devalued). I am not thrilled by this development as, regardless of how it is worded, it waters down the "exclusiveness" of the poster and in fact creates a much rarer desirable valuable variant -- that the group voted not to produce.

Since it is unlikely to be able to put the proverbial green cat bag in the bag, each participant should be able to get 1 variant if they want in order to, at least, maintain the collectibility of this print. (especially seeing as how it was explicitly stated at the start that there would be no variant.) There are 34 members so that would make the variant more limited than the regular should everyone opt to get 1. I also disagree with the trade in, but if it needs to be done, those prints should be offered 1st to group members so that the market is not flooded and again the collectability of the print is maintained.

Heck - As this was a blind buy, I would have ordered 2 at the start if I knew there would be 2 versions.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #848
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Man, it was all going so well. Really wish you green guys could've just gone with the flow.

For what it's worth, I'm not thrilled with these developments.

EDIT: the reason i loved working with this commission group, both times, is because everything was always done very democratically. we voted, sometimes the things i liked didn't get chosen, but, that was the result of agreeing to join this commission group process. WTF is up with changing the run #'s at this point, after its done and the finals have been posted. if you wanted to change things, it should've been put to a vote, and if that wasn't selected, be happy with the blue and lets start the Avengers. this changed the production numbers, as now there will no doubt be a more limited version of what we all paid for, AND, my confidence in this group has been shaken. you have to see this. right?
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #849
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Is it too late to change my vote to green? Seriously I'd much rather see 1 version of this print. Otherwise, what was the point of the vote?
Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #850
FROBAY
Phoenix

Guys/Gals, were working on a fair solution. Hellboy will post.

originally, we were quoted for 4-5 colors which is 5 screens.

We went waaay over. We are now at 9 Colors and 10 Screens and metallic inks.

I'm not gonna ask people for more money, as that's not fair to anyone.

I'm not going to ask Alex to reduce the colors print into our initial quote, because no one would like that.

Guys, Please realize I made no money off you, I took the quote with tubes and divided the cost for the print run equally. We just wanted to do something fun. I figured if I went over a hundred or two I would cover that but we are way over. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but this is my 2nd commission and things do come up.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote