Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
Khufu
Mephisto

Question SE Asia - Singpore - XM & SciFi Questions

Hey all - I'm heading to SE Asia next month, and I'll be spending a few days in Singapore (and a few other places). So, I wanted to check to see if anyone has on the ground experience in Singapore in regards to statues, comics, XM stuff, etc..

Does anyone know which Simply Toys storefront is the best to go to in person? Or are they all same:

Vivocity, #02-32/33
1 Harbourfront Walk
Singapore 098585
Tel: (+65) 6221-5442

Bugis Junction, #03-10A
200 Victoria Street
Singapore 188021
Tel: (+65) 6333-0669

Plaza Singapura, #07-10/11A
68 Orchard Road
Singapore 238839
Tel: (+65) 6884-4401

Are there other locations/stores in Singapore that you'd recommend checking out. I collect XM/Sideshow statues, Bowen Designs, Gentle Giant MB, anything Star Wars, general comic stuff, etc... So sci-fi stores, comic book stores, etc... are also cool imo.

I'll also be in Seoul and Bangkok if there are any places there worth checking out. So, if you know of any places worth stopping there, I'd appreciate the info too.

Way off topic... I'm also planning on getting a tattoo in every country I visit. So, if you know of any good tattoo places in Seoul, Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket), Singapore and Indonesia (Bali) - that would be really awesome. Otherwise, I'm just going to roll the dice (Hep A&B vaccines done ).

I already checked, and it seems I'm missing all the relevant conventions If there are any general places, things, etc... you'd recommend, that would be great too!

I'm hoping to buy an XM statue that I missed at release from a retailer (hopefully cheap) and then mail it back home to myself. I'm really hoping to find Iron Man VII or steeply discounted IM Mark 42 or She Hulk. Maybe find an OG Cap America stashed away somewhere lol.

PS-really not trying a humble brag or anything - just figured this group would get answers best suited to my tastes. Thanks for your time!!
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hey buddy, I don't have any recommendations, just as I messaged to you in "another forum", have an amazing trip man!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
Lockdown
Mephisto

Lucky you! If I were you, I would go to visit XM main office and talk to Bryan Ben,and Seng and talk to them about their secret projects and order some statues from them directly. If you're on your way to Korea, you should stop by Shanghai to attend the Shanghai Comic Con on Nov. 5th and 6th which XM will be there. Maybe ask Bryan for some tickets if you're at XM office before Nov. 5 & 6. Anyway, have fun!

I think Simply Toy main office is at Bugis Junction.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Hey buddy, I don't have any recommendations, just as I messaged to you in "another forum", have an amazing trip man!
I concur. Sounds awesome.

Please remember to pester them about Gladiator until they want to smack you! Thanks!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
Khufu
Mephisto

Thanks for the feedback so far! I'm trying to set something up with Bryan about an office tour/visit. I don't leave until the 8th so i miss Shanghai unfortunately. Thanks for the info on Simply Toys main location, and I'll definitely ask pester them about Gladiator.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #6
ScootS
Justice League

For Simply Toys, check out the one at Vivocity. Largest outlet with items on display.

Vivocity is also just a short distance away from Sentosa so you could optimize your day if you were planning a trip in that locality
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #7
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
Hey all - I'm heading to SE Asia next month, and I'll be spending a few days in Singapore (and a few other places). So, I wanted to check to see if anyone has on the ground experience in Singapore in regards to statues, comics, XM stuff, etc..

Does anyone know which Simply Toys storefront is the best to go to in person? Or are they all same:

Vivocity, #02-32/33
1 Harbourfront Walk
Singapore 098585
Tel: (+65) 6221-5442

Bugis Junction, #03-10A
200 Victoria Street
Singapore 188021
Tel: (+65) 6333-0669

Plaza Singapura, #07-10/11A
68 Orchard Road
Singapore 238839
Tel: (+65) 6884-4401

Are there other locations/stores in Singapore that you'd recommend checking out. I collect XM/Sideshow statues, Bowen Designs, Gentle Giant MB, anything Star Wars, general comic stuff, etc... So sci-fi stores, comic book stores, etc... are also cool imo.

I'll also be in Seoul and Bangkok if there are any places there worth checking out. So, if you know of any places worth stopping there, I'd appreciate the info too.

Way off topic... I'm also planning on getting a tattoo in every country I visit. So, if you know of any good tattoo places in Seoul, Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket), Singapore and Indonesia (Bali) - that would be really awesome. Otherwise, I'm just going to roll the dice (Hep A&B vaccines done ).

I already checked, and it seems I'm missing all the relevant conventions If there are any general places, things, etc... you'd recommend, that would be great too!

I'm hoping to buy an XM statue that I missed at release from a retailer (hopefully cheap) and then mail it back home to myself. I'm really hoping to find Iron Man VII or steeply discounted IM Mark 42 or She Hulk. Maybe find an OG Cap America stashed away somewhere lol.

PS-really not trying a humble brag or anything - just figured this group would get answers best suited to my tastes. Thanks for your time!!
Visit PlayE store which is just beside Vivo Simplytoys. They should have XM Iron Man Mark 42 for $800 SGD in their other outlets in Bedok Mall & Waterway Point. Can check with their staff
Marvel O'Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #8
Khufu
Mephisto

Thanks for all the great information so far guys! Please keep 'em coming if you have any other information!