Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That's for sure but the south caucuses are complex. It's been going on for a long long time but there is no way the Russians will give up that oil and gas. Maybe once its bleed dry they will reconsider but where do you stop. What happens when say the Muslims push further north and look to separate there too. Until the west can convince the Muslim world that they can live within existing democracies/countries without needing to separate there will always be this issue.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #22
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Yeah, riiiiight. I agree up until the the word "injured." If you think Russia has some bad-ass way to end all terrorism that the U.S. doesn't, you should definitely share it with the rest of the world. Would it involve killing all suspected Muslims?

Did I say that? I have no issue with "good" Muslim citizens in the US or Muslims around the world that want a great life for their family.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Welcome back Lord Odin! Glad you got rid of the imposter!

It's still AL, he's just acting tough for a moment.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
rychehitman
Galactus

The Russians laugh at waterboarding. They will just flat out drown the first guy in the room and tell the second guy to spill his guts unless he wants to drown too!

All this talk of torture not working is silly. Things that don't work generally get phased out over time.
Torture isn't going anywhere!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #25
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This is likely to have big implications for further airport security with possible scanners at airport entrances. Reports are that this was just near the public area where people await arrivals. Can you imagine long q's outside airports.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
dr_teng

Quote:
Well, if we KNOW that middle eastern terrorists were behind the plane hijackings on 9/11 why is it racial profiling to pull all middle eastern appearing citizens out of line at the airport and checking their credentials?
The majority of terrorist attacks within America are done by far-right groups, mainly white men. Not in terms of maximum causalities but in terms of attempts/success. Should all white men be stopped everywhere there's a security line?

Racial profiling has consistently been shown as ineffective. I'm not talking by some wacky lefty organizations that I probably support (haha) but by police departments across the nation.

If you want to go to one of the top authorities on the subject, Israel knows a thing or two about terrorists. One of their ex-chiefs of security at their international airport says it's ineffective.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=122556071

It's the easy way out but it's ineffective and it's certainly not the smart thing to do.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #27
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
This is likely to have big implications for further airport security with possible scanners at airport entrances. Reports are that this was just near the public area where people await arrivals. Can you imagine long q's outside airports.
The thing I've noticed at the airports I've been to is that baggage claim for domestic flights is usually in an unsecure location near the airport exit. Anyone from the street can literally just walk into that area and take your luggage without being checked. Unreal.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #28
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
The Russians laugh at waterboarding. They will just flat out drown the first guy in the room and tell the second guy to spill his guts unless he wants to drown too!

All this talk of torture not working is silly. Things that don't work generally get phased out over time.
Torture isn't going anywhere!
Spetsnaz can make a mute talk.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
The thing I've noticed at the airports I've been to is that baggage claim for domestic flights is usually in an unsecure location near the airport exit. Anyone from the street can literally just walk into that area and take your luggage without being checked. Unreal.
at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, they check your baggage on the way out of baggage claim to make sure your luggage is really yours.

In Cleveland, it's a free for all!

What's stopping a terrorist from walking in the out door with a suitcase bomb and just putting it on the rack. Wait for a large flight to come down and BLAMMO! But yeah.....making sure I dont have more than 3 ounces of fluid makes everything safer! And give my balls a squeeze too before I get to the plane!
Thanks!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I was at this airport and security around he passenger area was pretty tight but once your out at the arrivals lounge it's like every other airport.

I was amazed when in San Diego the proximity of the baggage reclaim area and the exits. I cannot recall any additional security between areas.