Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #31
travis
A.I.M.

Smaug and Balrog should have had ESs of 1000 period imho...I do think they made a lot more Smaug busts than 750 too
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #32
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
No offense, but I don't buy that for a second...there will always be immediate buyers...some pieces sell out rapidly...some folks are smarter than others and wait patiently for those pieces they know will not sell out so quickly...like this newest Gollum....I will wait for sales on certain pieces, and other pieces I will pounce..
Exactly. If someone feels the need to pay full price for everything Weta produces, have at it. But these days I'm picking and choosing my battles. The days of me purchasing a Smaug or Balrog statue at full price are over. And I owe it all to Weta and these tremendous BF sales.

As for the Smaug bust, you may be right, but we'll never know.....unless someone at Weta lets it slip.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #33
goto
Mephisto

Sorry i mean the es of Smaug statue!
Yes if they don´t make statues anymore it is not a doomsday.
But there are so many charakters there were never released before and no other company will do that like Weta,thats the problem.
There are for example Treebeart statue ,Beorn as a bear or the rest of the Witch Kings i´m sure no other company would release this but not for a giveaway.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #34
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post
Sorry i mean the es of Smaug statue!
Yes if they don´t make statues anymore it is not a doomsday.
But there are so many charakters there were never released before and no other company will do that like Weta,thats the problem.
There are for example Treebeart statue ,Beorn as a bear or the rest of the Witch Kings i´m sure no other company would release this but not for a giveaway.
Very true, there are a lot of statues never released before.....and whose fault is that? Had Weta not focussed so much time and energy the first time around [SSW] on generic orc brutes and pit masters and spent more time on essential characters such as Eomer and Denethor we wouldn't even be having this conversation. So while I do agree that our best (and probably only) hope lies with Weta there are no guarantees we're ever going to see the statues we really want...no matter how financially successful Weta is. As for getting all 9 ringwraiths, good luck with that one either way. First off Weta only designed 6 for the Hobbit, and secondly, based on the success so far I'd say we'll be lucky if Weta produces any after Khamul the Easterling.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #35
goto
Mephisto

Let us hope that our wishes comes true,Malvo
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #36
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post
Let us hope that our wishes comes true,Malvo
Absolutely, I started collecting SSW LOTR statues 17 years ago and I know with Eomer and Haldir on the way we're be 2 steps closer to a couple of characters I honestly never thought I'd see.

I love your idea of Beorn in bear form BTW. Hopefully Weta won't scale him down if they do him.....and of course, Beorn in human form is a must as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #37
travis
A.I.M.

DSC01215 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01216 by bainiceheart, on Flickr
Old 01-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #38
travis
A.I.M.

DSC01217 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01221 by bainiceheart, on Flickr
Old 01-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #39
travis
A.I.M.

DSC01220 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01222 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01223 by bainiceheart, on Flickr
Old 01-23-2018, 09:13 PM   #40
FROBAY
Phoenix

Very cool.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote