Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Wow...just got home from seeing Lucy (awesome film by the way) and find this!

What a f%*king cool statue! Ain't gonna lie, I'm probably gonna order this. Despite those who are stuck in the past and can't handle change, I actually love the new designs.

I'm already loving the size and detail of this thing. Does Prime 1 have and exclusive deal with Micheal bay or something? lol

Prime 1 and ECC are quickly becoming my favourite true museum quality statue companies.

Chris
It's cool Chris and I don't mind new design either but this thing is going to be way too much and overpriced so it will most likely get passed by us! The preview of that new turtle movie looked good but just hope it has the vibes of each of the turtles like the original and I think it will do well snd be received well!

Like you said many people don't like change and only like the original look but like I said I think its cool and it's neat modern new look for them! Kind of pissed me off Sideshow stopped the turtle line because I would of bought a April and Casey Jones as well as bebop or rocksteady ? Come on sideshow...

Edit: Glad you saw Lucy and said it was good looked pretty bad ass story and love scarlet so I can't wait to see it! Worth the $15 ticket?

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Prime 1 is really doing a great job on these, if I liked the Bay designs I would be all over them.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #13
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

That looks cool and I think they started off with the best designed turtle.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #14
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
It's cool Chris and I don't mind new design either but this thing is going to be way too much and overpriced so it will most likely get passed by us! The preview of that new turtle movie looked good but just hope it has the vibes of each of the turtles like the original and I think it will do well snd be received well!

Like you said many people don't like change and only like the original look but like I said I think its cool and it's neat modern new look for them! Kind of pissed me off Sideshow stopped the turtle line because I would of bought a April and Casey Jones as well as bebop or rocksteady ? Come on sideshow...

Edit: Glad you saw Lucy and said it was good looked pretty bad ass story and love scarlet so I can't wait to see it! Worth the $15 ticket?

Sarah
I like new and evolving things, so I dig the designs. I really like the new Robocop designs as well. Not sure why some people can't enjoy the past while embracing the future? We live in a time now where there are so many new and exciting things being created and imagined I think it's a great time to be alive.

Lucy was a great film, great concepts put together in an entertaining way. The movie took liberties in some areas with it's main premiss focusing on the outdated knowledge that humans only use 10% of their brains. This actually isn't true, humans already use 100% of their brains and less when we're at rest. The 10% thing is a myth. I've been reading a lot of people disliking the film are religious nuts, ironically like the statue in question can't let go of the past and don't like change or facts that conflicts with their belief system. The film touches on that in many areas. Again, it's just one of the many reasons I enjoyed it.

Oh...and Scarlett Johansson is sexy as hell lol

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I created a thread for this on the SSF boards and everyone keeps saying the same thing. Why do you all think it a going to be 2k. Like the other stuff makes sense because of the size and crazy detail per individual part
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #16
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
I created a thread for this on the SSF boards and everyone keeps saying the same thing. Why do you all think it a going to be 2k. Like the other stuff makes sense because of the size and crazy detail per individual part
I don't think it will be $2k but it will be more than what I'm willing to pay!

Sarah
Old 07-27-2014, 12:22 AM   #17
Atheris
The Maxx

If that's really the base they're gonna go with (which I hope it is, I like it), it won't be 2k......I'm gonna guess this will be $1000-1300.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #18
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I really didn't like the design of these when it was first shown, but they are really growing on me. Can't wait to see the movie in a couple weeks.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 AM   #19
built2shred
Phoenix

Are these like 1:3 scale?

Looks freakin awesome... Is SS going to sell these?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #20
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I really didn't like the design of these when it was first shown, but they are really growing on me. Can't wait to see the movie in a couple weeks.
Yeah Shane, I think the movie will be good, but will see! Just hope the CG effects are good because lots of this film will be CG, just hope it looks good and as real as it can be and just hope all the personalities are right on with how they should be with each turtle....and I'll just say that I'm prettier than Megan fox and she is probably going to ruin April O'Neil for me as character! Hahha

Sarah