Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
Snnnikt
Frackin!

Going away from 1/4 scale?

What's up everybody... I have a question I've wondering on here and collecting in general.

I've been in this hobby for a little over a year now and have a few 1/4 pieces. Like everyone else I jumped on 1/4 scale from the start. Recently I've been thinking about moving to the 1/5 and 1/6 scale statues.

With rising prices in quarter scale, space, and lack of odd characters... I think I might hold off on getting 1/4 completely.

I have Darkseid on payment plan but I'm considering canceling and putting the money towards the smaller stuff. Especially with what Tweeterhead is going to be putting out. Also interested in the Avengers Assemble Line.

Anybody else feel this way? Just curious on the matter.
Snnnikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
adee
Green Arrow

I have a few more things I need and I can always be swayed by the great stuff but for the most part my quarter scale collecting is coming to an end. I ran outta room and this stuff is getting way to expensive for me. I still enjoy the hobby very much and love the stuff I have but I get the same kind of joy and excitement for the smaller scale stuff so I think that will be my focus moving forward.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #3
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

1/4 or bigger
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snnnikt View Post
What's up everybody... I have a question I've wondering on here and collecting in general.

I've been in this hobby for a little over a year now and have a few 1/4 pieces. Like everyone else I jumped on 1/4 scale from the start. Recently I've been thinking about moving to the 1/5 and 1/6 scale statues.

With rising prices in quarter scale, space, and lack of odd characters... I think I might hold off on getting 1/4 completely.

I have Darkseid on payment plan but I'm considering canceling and putting the money towards the smaller stuff. Especially with what Tweeterhead is going to be putting out. Also interested in the Avengers Assemble Line.

Anybody else feel this way? Just curious on the matter.
I was never all 1/4 scale, as a matter of fact I have many many more pieces in smaller scales. My intention was only to get select characters I really want in that size, then stop. But with rising prices I have thought about cutting my list down and just getting a few more and then sticking with smaller sized statues.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #5
Mister H
Gen 13

I started with 1/6, now I've been moving to 1/4. With Tweeterhead doing what they've been doing, I may have to move back to 1/6. It's a hard decision for sure.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #6
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I am also new but i prefer 1/3 or 1/4 anything smaller just is not as impressive to me. However i would be interested in iron studios 1/10 scale battle dioramas when they start making them comic inspired and not based on movies.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

When I first got into this hobby I was pretty much buying everything regardless of scale, but then a lot of new companies got into this business and the older ones like Sideshow started to produce more and more every year so room became an issue rather quick.... the last couple years I've been mainly only collecting 1/10 scale statues and like Adee said you get the same joy out collecting those as you do the bigger statues...

This year I'm going in a new direction and I'm selling off quite a bit of my collection... I've decided to go with more high-end pieces but have fewer of them... kind of a quality over quantity motto... this way my shelves will look less cluttered as I won't be jamming them full of statues and I don't have to worry so much about how to store all the dang boxes.... This should really limit how many statues I buy a year as I want to be a lot more picky on what I buy... no more accepting a so-so statue just because I like the character...

That aside, as far as 1/6 statues goes, I think Tweeterhead's DC lineup looks awesome and it looks like they will have a deep lineup of characters to choose from... As for Marvel 1/6, PrototypeZ is making some really nice ones that are very detailed, although if you live in the US you will have to find a contact in Europe to get them or Ebay... XM should be showing their 1/6 DC lineup soon and I believe they have a world license for it..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Never left the 1/6 scale. I prefer them as they are more comic accurate than artist interpretation style. Most of the 1/4 scale just don’t do it for me plus I prefer having more of the characters I love than less. I haven’t had to sell any because of space.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #9
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I've seemed to go from 1/4 to 1/3 and some 1/2.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #10
Gothamite
Phoenix

Oxmox 1:1 or go home.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote