Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-18-2018, 12:12 AM   #11
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Post here first. Cut the middle man. Way more traffic here than the freaks forum. Only bad part of eBay is their cut, rare shady buyers, waiting for the $ to transfer.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:27 AM   #12
ambasah
Red Skull

try and join some fb groups. you can ask for feedback on any potential buyer.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #13
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Over the past year I have sold 25 statues on Ebay. When I sell a statue, I want to get back what I paid for it and realize that I am not sitting on a bar of gold (unlike some people who sell on Ebay). For me, I always found it easier to post a statue as a "Buy It Now" instead of posting it as auction. Even though money can be made with an auction, there have been times when I have been the only person who ended up bidding on an item and won it for a very low price (for example, in an auction I won the Alex Ross JSA print from the Warner Bros Studio store from 1998 for less than $200. When that item was brand new it sold for I believe at least $250 if not more).

As I said, I like to get back the money I paid for an item when selling it on Ebay. So if I paid $200 for a statue, I will price it at around $250 or $260. Out of that say $260 would be
-$200 for the statue
-$20 for the Ebay fee
-about $7 for the paypal fee
-the remaining $33 would be for shipping, handling and insurance. Now when sending an item via USPS, the post office automatically gives $50 in insurance but I will get insurance for the amount that was paid for because you never know what might happen in transit.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote