Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #11
Luminous
Cyclops

I can't decide between PC or console.

As expected, the early reviews are saying framerates and textures are vastly superior on PC. However, I like my console controllers and I am a trophy wh0re, soooo....
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #12
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I can't decide between PC or console.

As expected, the early reviews are saying framerates and textures are vastly superior on PC. However, I like my console controllers and I am a trophy wh0re, soooo....
Steam has achievements and you can always get a Xbxo controller for your PC like I did
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
Steam has achievements and you can always get a Xbxo controller for your PC like I did
Good point about the 360 controller, but getting Steam achievements doesn't seem as rewarding as getting PS3 trophies for some reason.

Either way, I don't think I can justifiably deny the beautiful textures and smooth frame rate of the PC.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #14
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
Yah, I like using my controller for pc also. Plus you can't beat the pre-order bonuses that steam is giving away with this game!
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I can't wait for this game. Pre-ordered very early. I'm not really excited about any other game.

I never did like gaming on the pc. I'm more of a console kinda girl. Yes, pc has better graphics but who cares. They play the same and I don't like the idea that eventually I'll have to upgrade my pc just to play games in the future.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I can't wait for this game. Pre-ordered very early. I'm not really excited about any other game.

I never did like gaming on the pc. I'm more of a console kinda girl. Yes, pc has better graphics but who cares. They play the same and I don't like the idea that eventually I'll have to upgrade my pc just to play games in the future.
I understand why you prefer one over the other, but they certainly won't play the same. Specifically in regards to controls. You can only hotkey two weapons and two vigors on a console controller at any given time. In order to access the rest, the game must essentially be paused to access a wheel that contains the rest of your abilities. Since they can all be hotkeyed on a keyboard for PC, the player won't experience any such combat flow break up in gameplay.

It's safe to say things will run a lot faster and be more frenetic on PC due the finite number of keys/ buttons on a console controller.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I understand why you prefer one over the other, but they certainly won't play the same. Specifically in regards to controls. You can only hotkey two weapons and two vigors on a console controller at any given time. In order to access the rest, the game must essentially be paused to access a wheel that contains the rest of your abilities. Since they can all be hotkeyed on a keyboard for PC, the player won't experience any such combat flow break up in gameplay.

It's safe to say things will run a lot faster and be more frenetic on PC due the finite number of keys/ buttons on a console controller.
Since I never really play on a computer much only for emulated games I wouldn't have known about the hotkeys anyway. I know lots of people also buy the pc version because of the add patches that were never released for the game....example Skyrim.

I'm ok with the whole switching out vigors or weapons since I dealt with that in the 1st two games and got use to it. It only takes 2 seconds so it's not a big deal. Plus I like going for achievements since I consider it as an add bonus to play the game longer or challenge yourself
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #18
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post

Eh, the upgrade thing is a common complaint with people but most of the hardware that is coming out these days can last you for quite a few years before you actually " Need" to upgrade. Honestly, if you don't have to have every single setting on max you could probably get away with not having to upgrade for an even bigger length of time.
I personally like to play on both console and pc. The next Gen consoles however, have me thinking of just becoming a straight PC gamer because of all these silly rules(rumors) involving how I can buy and play my games but that is another story for another thread.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

watched Giant Bomb's quick look on this one and it looks great. Picking it up as soon as it goes on sale
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #20
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

haven't had a chance to play it yet, been in my sons console since tuesday. booooooo.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote