Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #71
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I dunno man, that's the way I saw it. That's why I'm asking

The part where he's on the bike, did he move those cars in the way? And was he the one who knocked all those people over by waving his arm? Or am I not understanding the cut scenes?
Editing makes it hard to tell, but I can't imagine they'd be so foolish to make a fan service movie and diverge from source material. Maybe it is the antagonist? They didn't want to show who Venom fights? I mean, we didn't even see proper Venom so I can't say too much.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #72
adee
Green Arrow

From what I've seen it's based on Lethal Protector which is already strange because Spidey is in that story. If Spider-man isn't even somehow acknowledged or referenced in some way I'd be disappointed. Venom only exists because of Spider-man so anything else is heresy.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #73
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
This is only a minute and a half teaser. OF COURSE they are not going to show you Venom this early and for good reason.
i get that but then i would also say why bother showing us anything right now? theres already a lot of buzz surrounding this movie, the poster is awesome and enough to stoke the fire. throwing this "teaser" trailer out there with not even a glistening silhouette of venom is pretty lame imo. this just looks like some generic sci fi flick right now, would have preferred they just waited until they actually had something to show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I dont see how they can pull this off without having the venom symbiote first be bonded to peter parker
yeah so without spiderman why would he have the white spider insignia and without the spider is that really venom?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #74
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i get that but then i would also say why bother showing us anything right now? theres already a lot of buzz surrounding this movie, the poster is awesome and enough to stoke the fire. throwing this "teaser" trailer out there with not even a glistening silhouette of venom is pretty lame imo. this just looks like some generic sci fi flick right now, would have preferred they just waited until they actually had something to show
I don't think it's lame at all but smart and clever marketing.

Listen, SW: TFA teaser came out well over a year and a half before the actual film.

It's all about generating buzz and excitement, so I think Sony accomplished this in spades.

The full appearance of Venom will be a truly momentous affair...possibly this summer at SDCC.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #75
SONICobra
Batman

dont get me wrong - im still excited for this movie, really looking forward to it and want it to be incredible and do really well

BUT

this trailer was not a good move imo, not everyone is liking the "mysterious not going to show you anything" vibe. if anything this trailer is generating too much negative buzz with a lot of people disappointed nothing was shown. hell even the first godzilla teaser trailer gave us a little something to really rev our engines
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:13 PM   #76
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Don't really know what to think about this. The trailer does nothing, literally nothing.

If you didn't have the Venom title card, no one would even know it was a Venom film.

I was 'meh' before, I'm still 'meh'.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #77
adee
Green Arrow

It has the symbiote in the tank so I'd at least say hey that looked like Venom
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #78
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
It has the symbiote in the tank so I'd at least say hey that looked like Venom

It could be the black goo from arrival or some flubber
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #79
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I have such high hopes for this movie. Cautiously. I remain skeptical but I have a serious man crush on Tom Hardy, I think he is brilliant and can definitely pull off the roll.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #80
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Maybe the symbiote comes in contact with a spider before coming in contact before a human so that's why it will be venom
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote