Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-24-2021, 01:42 AM   #1071
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Her left hand was broken at the wrist. The rest of the statue looks great, well other than the new face but the paint job especially on the vines on her flesh looks great. I could possibly glue the hand back on but for a $300+ statue I don't want to screw it up and have to mix paint colors and do any retouching. Her hand is pretty small and delicate too.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:45 AM   #1072
pdenham
Teen Titans

Normally I'm a "If-you're-gonna-be-a-collector-you-should-learn-how-to-fix-stuff" kind of guy.

But when it's a broken piece that shows exposed skin, in a noticeable area, that's a job more for pros.

Shame that an otherwise good sample had to be tripped up by that.

fortunately if it's from SS, you shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement.

Good luck on the next one!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #1073
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Normally I'm a "If-you're-gonna-be-a-collector-you-should-learn-how-to-fix-stuff" kind of guy.

But when it's a broken piece that shows exposed skin, in a noticeable area, that's a job more for pros.

Shame that an otherwise good sample had to be tripped up by that.

fortunately if it's from SS, you shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement.

Good luck on the next one!
I agree, the minute skin paint app is involved, I won't deal with that unless I have NO other option.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:46 PM   #1074
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m sure you can get a replacement, PeachFuzz. Go for it. Plus side is all the paint apps look of the same high quality so you’re not playing paint job roulette.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:00 PM   #1075
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I would do the replacement route. Unless it is a totally clean break where the re-gluing would not be noticeable it is like you said, it is over a $300 statue and it should not need to be repaired when you get it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #1076
pdenham
Teen Titans

If this were a long sold out piece, or he was buying from another collector with no possibility for replacement, it might not be so bad gluing it back - depending on where the break actually is.

The vines on her wrist and forearm might be enough to draw attention away from any crack.

OTOH, puttying a seam in that area would suck because of the vines, and trying to paint match the flesh would be even trickier as you want to feather over an extensive area to blend the new paint in. You would be covering up the vines with the new flesh color and have to repaint them yourself.

Not impossible, but a major project for what seems like a a small break.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:18 PM   #1077
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Received mine today from Sideshow. I like her, but she does feel a little more like Tweeterhead 1.0 instead of Tweeterhead 2.0. Mostly because of the face, hair, and the toes.

I really just picked her up because I had points and a coupon at SS and if I end up switching from 1/4 Rogues to 1/6 I'd hate to have to pay aftermarket prices.

The throne is really cool though.

(For those that are wondering: there was no EX Frank included)
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:25 PM   #1078
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To me in photos she looks like she will fit in nicely with the rest of my TH ladies. Can’t wait. And I can’t wait to see if I might fix the eyes back to normal.

I will say she doesn’t look like she has as round a face as before, which I also liked, but her legs still looks amazing and I cared about those and her eyes.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:17 AM   #1079
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

As much as I hated to, I ended up canceling her. I'm just very disappointed with how the portrait turned out and those eyes. This doesn't bode well for how Teela's portrait may turn out. Looks like Sideshow's portrait's still reign supreme when it comes to the females.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:55 AM   #1080
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
As much as I hated to, I ended up canceling her. I'm just very disappointed with how the portrait turned out and those eyes. This doesn't bode well for how Teela's portrait may turn out. Looks like Sideshow's portrait's still reign supreme when it comes to the females.
I agree with you. Do not like the face especially the eyes. Totally change mood of the statue. Can not cancel because I fully paid.

This and Teela are the only 2 license pieces I pre-ordered. I usually wait until in hand before buying. Regret doing this. Hope Teela will turn out great. I bought that cause of the portrait.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote