Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #1831
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The way the series handles the different timelines was addressed in an article here...

http://screenrant.com/game-of-throne...me-varys-arya/

Twitter posts...

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #1832
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post

and the little king quietly taking off his crown and taking flight....brilliant.
Tommen killing himself was really all to make Dani look good, because having her fly over here and burn a young innocent boy alive to take back "her" throne would hardly endear her to anybody, but by putting it all back on Circe and saving Dani from having to do any of the actual dirty work it protects her future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The way the series handles the different timelines was addressed in an article here...
let me some up their answer for us all "because we did it stupid!" which to me is a pretty crappy answer. sure we don't need hourly updates on time but some idea of exactly how much has passed in some of the larger situations would go a long way.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #1833
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Cersei was ON POINT with her fashion this episode. Just fierce!!

You know cosplayers everywhere have started sewing and working metal to get that high collar masterpiece.

It was the Lannister royal look all the way.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #1834
johnclone
The Enchantress

- the Shame Lady part. Headey tells Entertainment Weekly, “The scene was meant to be worse, but they couldn’t do it. This is like the tame version. It’s pretty bad still though. I’d take being exploded in the Sept over that any day.” Considering Cersei left the woman with Zombie Mountain (aka, Ser Gregor Clegane), we kinda doubt she’ll be left in one piece by the time Season 7 rolls around.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #1835
johnclone
The Enchantress

Just read that the shield Jon picked up off the ground to shield himself from Ramsay's arrows was a house of Mormont shield. Mind totally blown.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:26 AM   #1836
gomur
The Tick

Well, it's been a quiet few weeks since the show ended. Looking back, what were everyone's TOP THREE moments from Season 6?

Quite a few memorable moments for me. Tower of Joy. Dany don't burn encore. The Hound's return. Battle of the Bastards. Walder Frey gets his. Tyrion the Dragon Whisperer. Every scene with Lyanna Mormont.

But I'll go with these:

1) "Hold the door".
2) Cersei the Mad Queen burns them all.
3) Jon awakens.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:37 AM   #1837
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'm gonna go the other way. I'm disappointed they changed the actor and name of the "Night's" King.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #1838
johnclone
The Enchantress

The scene that is most memorable for me is when Bran wargs and walks through all the wights to see the night king/night's king and a few WW on horses, and then turns away, turns back and the NK is right on top of him totally aware of his presence and then touches him, even though he was warging and his body was in the cave. I wish there had been an actual explanation provided as to what exactly all that was, for example was Bran being a bit cocky by walking in the midst of the dead soldiers and right up to the walkers, or was it more like he didn't have any choice, maybe the NK was actually controlling his warg vision. I suppose if we ever see a book about this, there will be a full explanation of that event, but pending the explanation it is still by far the most memorable scene for me.

Then Melisandre turning into a 1,000 year old woman, and third would be Daenarys coming out of the burning structure. The music for that scene is epic. I was just listening to it yesterday.

Honorable mention, the origin of the white walkers scene.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #1839
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

My top three are

3. Honorable Ned shown as a liar when he always said he defeated Ser Arthur Dayne but really Dayne had him dead to rights and he was saved by a stab in the back.

2. Hodor (really kicked me in the feels when I found out why a poor fat kid had said nothing but "Hodor" for 30 years and what his destiny was)

1. Arya kills Filch using the old fake face routine after feeding him his kids in reverse Eric Cartman-Scott Tinnerman fashion.

Other great scenes are when Cersi burns half the cast of the show, Red woman really hideous old crone, and when we confirm what almost everyone already know, Jon Snow isn't really Ned Stark's bastard after all.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #1840
adee
Green Arrow

3) Ramsey and his hounds

2) Dani in the Dothraki temple

1) Hodor (it was the most powerful moment of the season for me)

After watching again I found something I didn't notice before and hoping someone can explain.

When Jamie goes to interrogate Edmure he gets him to do what he wants by threatening to kill his baby but wasn't Edmure a prisoner after the red wedding? I don't get why he would be so quick to give in because of a wife/baby he's never really met and the fact the whole wedding was a trap/sham.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote