Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-29-2016, 02:23 AM   #501
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I never went back for a second go, but I will be checking this out. I really hope I enjoy it more than I did the first time around. I know extended cuts don't necessarily solve problems within the film, but they might lessen them.
These extra 30 mins. defiantly make this a better movie. It's funny but the 3 hour version seems to go by faster then the 2 1/2 hour version, shows you good editing can speed up the pace even if in reality the movie is longer.

Here's a good review that shows you how the extra 30 mins impacts the movie overall

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh.../#219cdfa76225
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:24 AM   #502
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
These extra 30 mins. defiantly make this a better movie. It's funny but the 3 hour version seems to go by faster then the 2 1/2 hour version, shows you good editing can speed up the pace even if in reality the movie is longer.

Here's a good review that shows you how the extra 30 mins impacts the movie overall (Warning Spoilers)
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:51 AM   #503
risingstar
Jedi Order

It seems the 3d version is only of the theatrical version. Is there a 3d version of the extended cut in the works? It seems a shame that the extended cut 3d package only includes a 3d version of the theatrical. The Hobbit 3d packages include the extended cuts. Oh well.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #504
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post

Here's a good review that shows you how the extra 30 mins impacts the movie overall

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh.../#219cdfa76225
Cool, looking forward to checking it out. I was really excited for this film and was disappointed I didn't enjoy it more than I did. Hopefully this will be a little better for me.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #505
jpuli28

I could watch Bats port fight scene all day.

Did anyone notice any Easter eggs in the extended cut scenes?
Old 06-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #506
Parallax
Nightwing

There's another Watchmen easter egg.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #507
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Watched this movie today. It was the worst movie I have ever seen in more than 40 years....

How stupid can a movie be? What was this movie about? No real story, just let everyone fight against each other. No talk, but a stupid Superman, a stupid and brainwashed Batman, and even the main plot at start was a "huh"? What they want?

Just an example at this long hunting scene of Batman for the kryptonite:
"Hey Batman why are you hunting these vans..". No sorry, this dialog never happened. Supe hasnt talked to him, he just let the vans go. But he stopped Batman. Wao. Good and well made story. A Bomb goes up right in front of Superman. But he was unable to save at least one person? one at least? Omg. Oh Superman has died? Of course he died when using the krytonite himself. Why hasnt he "throwed" the spear into the enemy with his superpower or give it to Wonderwoman? Only answere available: Because Superman loves suicide..story said: you have to die at the end of the move. Omg omg omg. Whata dumb movie and a dumb story (if there would be one).

This movie is a shame for every real fan of Superman or Batman Comics. THEY ARENT AS DUMB AS YOU WANT THEM TO BE IN THIS MOVIE !!!
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #508
jpuli28

Old 06-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #509
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Watched this movie today. It was the worst movie I have ever seen in more than 40 years....

How stupid can a movie be? What was this movie about? No real story, just let everyone fight against each other. No talk, but a stupid Superman, a stupid and brainwashed Batman, and even the main plot at start was a "huh"? What they want?

Just an example at this long hunting scene of Batman for the kryptonite:
"Hey Batman why are you hunting these vans..". No sorry, this dialog never happened. Supe hasnt talked to him, he just let the vans go. But he stopped Batman. Wao. Good and well made story. A Bomb goes up right in front of Superman. But he was unable to save at least one person? one at least? Omg. Oh Superman has died? Of course he died when using the krytonite himself. Why hasnt he "throwed" the spear into the enemy with his superpower or give it to Wonderwoman? Only answere available: Because Superman loves suicide..story said: you have to die at the end of the move. Omg omg omg. Whata dumb movie and a dumb story (if there would be one).

This movie is a shame for every real fan of Superman or Batman Comics. THEY ARENT AS DUMB AS YOU WANT THEM TO BE IN THIS MOVIE !!!

Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #510
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I watched the Ultimate edition last night. It is indeed amazing that they turned the same film into a significantly better one with short scenes sprinkled throughout that make the entire film more linear and cohesive. There are a TON of Clark character moments that significantly improve how the character is perceived in both his identities. Also Lex's is more palpable given we see far more of the minutiae of his plans and that he played both heroes.

I still have some of my original issues with the film, primarily lethal Batman and the 180 relationship post scrap, but overall it was a completely different experience. I agree that it will not convert those who hated MoS and rejected BvS on a cellular level. Took my rating from a 5/10 to a 7-7.5/10.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote