Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-12-2023, 01:45 PM   #51
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thank god that Iron Man Unleashed is not part of this line. I really really do not like that statue. I have faith the one for this diorama will be dope!

And yea Master Pizza thanks for posting that. Seems to be the "regular" version. No lighting effect on base which makes it shorter. Honestly in my opinion the lightning effect looks great. Makes this one deluxe or bust.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:39 PM   #52
deadpool911
Frackin!

They just showed captain america for this line and just like that im out. They did a modern esque take on his costume which doesnt fit at all with the infinity gauntlet story this dio is based on. Shame
deadpool911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:07 PM   #53
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:13 PM   #54
Mister H
Youngblood

Cap looks a lot like the Ultimate Universe Cap.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:13 PM   #55
Infinite GLORY

The alternate head that is included with both versions is pretty wack. His teeth/mouth area looks like he's hissing like a cat. Not sure what is up with that. The "deluxe" version includes the extra base.

The pose on this too is pretty wack. First "miss" for me with this diorama series...

Regular:
Old 02-23-2024, 06:26 PM   #56
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool911 View Post
They just showed captain america for this line and just like that im out. They did a modern esque take on his costume which doesnt fit at all with the infinity gauntlet story this dio is based on. Shame

Good point. In that case, this Cap should've been more the classic version.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:53 PM   #57
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Good point. In that case, this Cap should've been more the classic version.
Statue companies rarely do classic costumes. Just look at the X-Men, and while I love the designs, all anyone on this particular forum complains about are the never-ending Jim Lee era costumes.

Heck, in the Sideshow threads, you consistently have comments asking for classic costumes, but it rarely eventuating.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:04 PM   #58
deadpool911
Frackin!

While that certainly is true, the two previous statues in this line are clearly classic inspired with some textures added. This cap is a cross between ultimate cap and classic cap. Just a weird decision
deadpool911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:31 PM   #59
Infinite GLORY

Honestly I don't care too much about the costume. It works for what it is. I'm more concerned with the weird "knee up" pose. Does it reflect what he is trying to do throwing the shield? I think the top half could have stayed the same and achieved the same affect keeping both his feet on the ground. I get they are trying to show him "in motion" but it's kind of silly.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:52 PM   #60
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Statue companies rarely do classic costumes. Just look at the X-Men, and while I love the designs, all anyone on this particular forum complains about are the never-ending Jim Lee era costumes.

Heck, in the Sideshow threads, you consistently have comments asking for classic costumes, but it rarely eventuating.

Yup, I do ask for classic costumes for most of the characters I want to get. But it's not as rare as one might think for companies to do classic costumes.

Tweeterhead does DC characters with classic costumes ...mostly in 1/5, but sometimes in 1/4 also. And lately, Sideshow has been doing classic costumes too. The latest being Elektra. Previous ones include classic Cap, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, etc.

It's ok to ask for and wish for classic costume on this forum. We should always voice our opinions. Just in case the studios/companies are listening. Same way we should always voice that we want a Perez Death Stroke, Byrne Cyclops, Byrne Storm, etc. We shouldn't stop doing so. Keep using your voice .....even if the chance of getting what you want is slim.

On the meantime, I have also bought statues with modern costumes, tho. I bought the "modern" Captain America PF sculpted by Daniel Bel. I bought the modern Black Widow. Same with the modern DD and modern Elektra. I never did mind getting a modern version and classic version of the characters I want or wanted ....as long as the statue look great.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote