Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-23-2019, 05:15 AM   #2971
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
In the meantime, this guy gives an amazing alternate ending. It's worth your 15 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mncEl4nVU
IMO the best change is having the Night King win that battle at Winterfell and to have the remaining characters and their decimated armies fall back to King's Landing.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #2972
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
That would've been SO much better. I think I might just pretend this is how it ended.
That's what I've been doing. Until the books come out anyway...
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #2973
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Good news folks... Martin says the next book will be out by July 2020.

I'm choosing to believe him this time.
The second I know the release date I'm taking that day off work. Buy Winds at opening of book store. Locking myself in a room for sixteen hours and reading this sucker.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #2974
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I haven't read the books but I've heard they've fallen off in the later ones? So maybe the big man wrote himself into a corner or doesn't know where to take the story? Still one of the greatest shows of all time imo, and while the quality dropped it didn't completely ruin it's legacy in the same vein as Dexter(or to me anyways) lol.
I don't think he has written himself into a corner. The books are at a different point than the show and diverged in some major ways from the show even before "source materials" were spent. An example without being spoilerish is Dorne. Barely mentioned in the show, but has richer characters in the books. Dorne is one of my favorite places to read about. And Sansa has not been married off to Ramsey in the book - she is nowhere near Winterfell actually. It is "Arya" who is married off to Ramsey.

I know people give Martin a lot of credit for writing deep, rich books. However, when we got to Books 4 and 5, I felt he was just writing a ton of words to write. There was no need to split the world into two separate books focusing on the half the characters in one and then the other half in the other. I want/need Books 6 and 7 to have everybody together. Books 1-3 are pure magic. Book 3 is an amazing cluster of WTF moments. I could barely make it through Book 5 because it was just so overly done and took for f'ing ever to get to the point.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #2975
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Book readers, help me with something.....in the books, does Bran have a physical body anymore? I assumed he merged with the Three Eyed Raven/Weirwood Tree Man. Thus losing his mortal form. Is that true?

And because I think this the show's ending really pissed me off more because it goes more towards my logic of the TER had no interest in toying with the lives of mortal men on a grand scale. Only keeping record of their stories and maybe answering some prayers
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #2976
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Book readers, help me with something.....in the books, does Bran have a physical body anymore? I assumed he merged with the Three Eyed Raven/Weirwood Tree Man. Thus losing his mortal form. Is that true?

And because I think this the show's ending really pissed me off more because it goes more towards my logic of the TER had no interest in toying with the lives of mortal men on a grand scale. Only keeping record of their stories and maybe answering some prayers
Last I remember he does. He has green dreams of the past and can skin change into Wierwood trees to see events. The Three Eyed Crow has been absorbed by the roots and is teaching Bran, but don't remember a merger.

The major question is the motivations of the Children and the Three Eyed Crow and what Bran's place in it will be.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #2977
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
In the meantime, this guy gives an amazing alternate ending. It's worth your 15 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mncEl4nVU
This is 100 times better if you ask me, except I think the only way Arya can get a face is if the person is dead, when training you see the faces being cut off so it wouldn't work to have Jaimees face while he is still alive but otherwise I like it a LOT better.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #2978
built2shred
Phoenix

If even she had Jaimes face she doesn't have his body build to pretend that she's him...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #2979
MrYac
Hercules

Plus that dude wanted people to remember the sand snakes....
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #2980
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
This is 100 times better if you ask me, except I think the only way Arya can get a face is if the person is dead, when training you see the faces being cut off so it wouldn't work to have Jaimees face while he is still alive but otherwise I like it a LOT better.
Simple fix. Have it be Qyburn she kills and impersonates. As she is about to approach Cersei with Qyburn's face, Jamie walks into the room. Delaying her assassination long enough to witness Jamie do the deed and she no longer needs to.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote