Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #11
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well El Pulento, reason why Godzilla showed up as the keeper of the natural balance and kicked the sh!t out of the other two monsters. was because this was how Godzilla was depicted in many films throughout his career. thats what Godzilla is. the defender of earth. although in the beginning and some other films he was depicted as a destructive monster out to punish man for all the wrong he had been doing to earth.
so what they are doing is what has been done in many films of Godzilla throughout the years. so it all really fits in with what Godzilla is all about.

i haven't seen the film yet. but from what your describing it sounds just like classic Godzilla to me.
Thanks DM, but wasnt the original Godzilla a result of Mankinds polution of mother nature due to the fact of The Atom Bomb? The Defender of Earth And King of the Monsters did that not come on the later Movies?... Man we need a Godzilla Expert in here...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #12
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Sounds like Pacific Rim was better...
I actually liked PM better...
Old 05-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #13
MO42
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Wow. As long as it is better then that disaster of a Godzilla movie that was made a few years back I will be happy.
MO42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #14
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO42 View Post
Wow. As long as it is better then that disaster of a Godzilla movie that was made a few years back I will be happy.
Well it is, much better so dont you worry about that Sir!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Thanks DM, but wasnt the original Godzilla a result of Mankinds polution of mother nature due to the fact of The Atom Bomb? The Defender of Earth And King of the Monsters did that not come on the later Movies?... Man we need a Godzilla Expert in here...
yes, your right the original G was about the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima. and yes as i mentioned KOTM and defender of the earth did come after that. but as i stated. there was other films where G was the bad guy instead of the defender of earth. he had played both roles throughout his career.
im sure they went with the defender of the earth scenario so that he would be more appealing to the kids. just as they did all those years ago back in the day to make G more appealing to the children then to increase his popularity. in which it worked. not to mention sales of merchandise, ticket sales and to where his popularity in general and appeal to the children made it to where they could have him on TV. so im sure they are doing the same thing here.
censorship has changed dramatically since the late 50's and 60's all the way to today.

knowing what i know about Godzilla and what you have mentioned im even more excited to see this film. sounds like they have stuck to the lore of big G. which is great to know.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Sounds like Pacific Rim was better...
no to me it doesn't.
sounds to be better.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
yes, your right the original G was about the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima. and yes as i mentioned KOTM and defender of the earth did come after that. but as i stated. there was other films where G was the bad guy instead of the defender of earth. he had played both roles throughout his career.
im sure they went with the defender of the earth scenario so that he would be more appealing to the kids. just as they did all those years ago back in the day to make G more appealing to the children then to increase his popularity. in which it worked. not to mention sales of merchandise, ticket sales and to where his popularity in general and appeal to the children made it to where they could have him on TV. so im sure they are doing the same thing here.
censorship has changed dramatically since the late 50's and 60's all the way to today.

knowing what i know about Godzilla and what you have mentioned im even more excited to see this film. sounds like they have stuck to the lore of big G. which is great to know.
If he was defender of the earth he'd be kicking humans from here to kingdom come. I want to see a decent monster flick where the humans "appear" to defeat / kill Godzilla (leaving open a possible sequel of course). I don't want to see him being seen as defending humans.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #18
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow I had a lot different opinion. I liked the movie. I think people who don't like it wanted to see Godzilla 100% of the time. That was never the intention and I thought the build up was awesome.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #19
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:

Smart Marketing!! :-) well thanks for the Info DM I hope you enjoy the movie!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #20
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If he was defender of the earth he'd be kicking humans from here to kingdom come. I want to see a decent monster flick where the humans "appear" to defeat / kill Godzilla (leaving open a possible sequel of course). I don't want to see him being seen as defending humans.
well he has in many films throughout the years.
but its too late. he has been depicted as such already in this film.
but the film your mentioning has been done already too. it was the first one in 54. and in GMK as well in 2001 which was a great flick. there have others too i believe. they have made Godzilla regenerative. so what your wanting to see could easily be done. and again which has been done before.

i like both depictions. anything Godzilla is killah in my book.