Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Blu-ray: MOST WANTED list - 2014

I try and do one of these threads every year or two just to see what BD collectors still want that we haven't received yet.

Although my want list has greatly diminished over the years nothing that I had on my 2013 was produced.

So once again, just seeing what you guys want most that hasn't yet been released in any region. Not including imports with forced subtitles.

No more than your top 10-15.

Here are my most wanted...

Film:
  • The 13th Warrior
  • The Abyss
  • Phantasm
  • Dead Presidents
  • Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
  • The Hitcher ('86 original)
  • Dragonslayer
  • Gallipoli
  • Strange Days
  • True Lies
Television:
  • Batman: The Animated Series
  • Justice League Unlimited
  • Cowboy Bebop: Complete Sessions
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I will have to see what will go on my list. From your list The Abyss and True Lies are both coming, according to rumblings on Blu-Ray sites. This year is the Abyss' 25th anniversary and True Lies 20th, plus they've both been playing in HD on cable channels recently which is usually the trend right before titles are released on Blu. Cowboy Bebop is also coming by the end of the year, last I heard. I want to say that DC Archives will be putting DC Animation titles out on Blu very soon. Everyone is hoping that includes JLU and BTAS, but what is coming out is Young Justice Season One. Anyway, there's a few you can knock off the list.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Phantasm would be epic on bluray
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
patrickwm68
The Flash

Two that come to mind; 1941 w/ Jim Belushi and Jaws 2. Very suprised The Abyss wasn't one of the 1st to be released on Blu Ray.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Two that come to mind; 1941 w/ Jim Belushi and Jaws 2. Very suprised The Abyss wasn't one of the 1st to be released on Blu Ray.
1941 is coming in October as part of the Spielberg box set, it's going to come with 2 different cuts of the film. No word on Jaws 2 but that would be a good one to have.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I try and do one of these threads every year or two just to see what BD collectors still want that we haven't received yet.

Although my want list has greatly diminished over the years nothing that I had on my 2013 was produced.

So once again, just seeing what you guys want most that hasn't yet been released in any region. Not including imports with forced subtitles.

No more than your top 10-15.

Here are my most wanted...

Film:
  • The 13th Warrior
  • The Abyss
  • Phantasm
  • Dead Presidents
  • The Hitcher ('86 original)
  • Dragonslayer
  • Gallipoli
  • Strange Days
  • True Lies
Television:
  • Batman: The Animated Series
  • Justice League Unlimited
  • Cowboy Bebop: Complete Sessions
I share a couple of those with you.
Film:
  • The 13th Warrior
  • Strange Days
  • Any which way but loose
  • Any which way you can
  • Crossroads
  • Spellbinder
  • Son in law
  • The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
1941 is coming in October as part of the Spielberg box set, it's going to come with 2 different cuts of the film. No word on Jaws 2 but that would be a good one to have.
You have to buy the whole set to get it?

I think I have most of the films in it already.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I will have to see what will go on my list. From your list The Abyss and True Lies are both coming, according to rumblings on Blu-Ray sites. This year is the Abyss' 25th anniversary and True Lies 20th, plus they've both been playing in HD on cable channels recently which is usually the trend right before titles are released on Blu. Cowboy Bebop is also coming by the end of the year, last I heard. I want to say that DC Archives will be putting DC Animation titles out on Blu very soon. Everyone is hoping that includes JLU and BTAS, but what is coming out is Young Justice Season One. Anyway, there's a few you can knock off the list.
Well I hope you're right about those. Heck I'd be happy with just half of them. Didn't know Young Justice was hitting BD. That's a must buy!

Re: The Abyss & True Lies... I'll believe it when I see it. I swear those two films have been on the BD bubble for at least 5 years now. Every year it seems like the same song and dance with speculation as to why they're right around the corner.

More than anything I want The 13th Warrior though. Still can't believe it's not even talked about being released. Such a great underrated/criminally neglected film.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well I hope you're right about those. Heck I'd be happy with just half of them. Didn't know Young Justice was hitting BD. That's a must buy!

Re: The Abyss & True Lies... I'll believe it when I see it. I swear those two films have been on the BD bubble for at least 5 years now. Every year it seems like the same song and dance with speculation as to why they're right around the corner.

More than anything I want The 13th Warrior though. Still can't believe it's not even talked about being released. Such a great underrated/criminally neglected film.
It's ridiculous some of the crap that get's released on BD when there are gold plated winners like The 13th Warrior still missing in action.

Small Soldiers was one of mine but I picked up a German copy recently. And I have a few back catalog movies coming from Amazon soon(ish) including:

- Pumpkinhead: Collector's Edition
- Leviathan
- Nightbreed: Director's Cut
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Good news for one of those titles on your list. Not sure if you were aware of both versions. Long time coming and I know I'm really looking forward to it...

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut - Deluxe Edition