Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #1081
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Pretty sure my replacement came in a color box.
My replacement came in a brown shipper box with Supes inside styrofoam
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:30 PM   #1082
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Pretty sure my replacement came in a color box.
Was yours an EX from Tweeterhead? Mine came in a brown shipper with just styrofoam inside from them. No color box.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:34 PM   #1083
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

My superman had no color box. The outer box had been opened prior to me receiving it. It had regular clear scotch tape instead of the wider mailing tape on top of the blue tape which had been cut on the original shipper box. Both portraits had chips in his hair and neither were in the compartment where they were meant to be. I am getting replacemets. Not sure if customs got into mine or what but I do like this statue. My issue was addressed in 24 hours with a new package and tracking number provided.

I like this staue and plan to continue to aquire pieces because I grew up with the Super Powers as a kid and I'm not into this line for resale. I hope future pieces stay close to the source material but I fear they may start to stray.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:37 PM   #1084
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
My superman had no color box. The outer box had been opened prior to me receiving it. It had regular clear scotch tape instead of the wider mailing tape on top of the blue tape which had been cut on the original shipper box. Both portraits had chips in his hair and neither were in the compartment where they were meant to be. I am getting replacemets. Not sure if customs got into mine or what but I do like this statue. My issue was addressed in 24 hours with a new package and tracking number provided.

I like this staue and plan to continue to aquire pieces because I grew up with the Super Powers as a kid and I'm not into this line for resale. I hope future pieces stay close to the source material but I fear they may start to stray.
Vorpoll I had the blue tape also. I'm guessing it was part of that indepth review at customs. I'm like you, I didn't keep the box
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:28 PM   #1085
Buddy Bradley
Fantastic Four

Mine had blue tape also. The tape around the styrofoam was still intact so I don't think they actually accessed the pieces on mine. Everything was in perfect condition.
Buddy Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:56 PM   #1086
BurningRage
Inhumans

Mine had it too. Wish the styrofoam had top written on it. Ended up opening it backwards.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:05 PM   #1087
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuestudy View Post
The head I got in the replacement had a couple marks/scratches on the right side before I even attached the cape. I was considering using the original head but looks like the skin tone is slightly lighter on the replacement. It wouldn’t match the tone of his hands, plus I think the replacement head looks sharper/cleaner especially the lines around the eyes. Don’t know if its worth the trouble to ask for replacement head.
I actually created a couple of paint scapes on my replacement when attaching the cape. I used a magic eraser, some patience and slow technique to remove them. Looks great now. I recommend giving it a try.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #1088
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Bradley View Post
Statue collectors have got to be the most petty and nitpicking collectors in all the world. Chad replaced all of the Superman statues and let us do whatever we want with the old one. I wouldn't dream of asking any more of him.

And by the way, as far as I know the heads on the originals were pretty much flawless, so you could always use one of the old heads on the new statue.
These "nitpicking collectors" are likely needed if a company that targets them wants to succeed. Collectors caring about numbers is nothing new. And they didn't invent it. Ask Chad why there is a number on the box and base in the first place... It's there to appeal to these "nitpicking collectors". I sure do not get slamming them for actually caring about the very thing that these statue retailers want them to care about.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 PM   #1089
Blindzider
The Spirit

Received my replacement Superman statue. It's near flawless, with only a couple small nitpicky things. Didn't think of it until others mentioned it, but I'm not sure what to do about the box/statue number.

Superman - Home
by Blindzider Photography, on Flickr
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:07 PM   #1090
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Tweeterhead has posted a small batch of REG and EX editions for sale on their website for great prices as they have no color box.

Pennywise EX is available too.

Get 'em while you can.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote