Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Close to the End of the Year, what are you splurging your expiring points on?

Figure since we're close to Spooktacular and we just had a decent code drop event with NYCC, coupled with the fact that most of our accumulated points are expiring by the end of the year due to the new policy, we're at the point where we're seriously considering the age old statement "use it (RPs) or lose it."

I have $646.25 in points. In all honesty, I can get a PF for free plus shipping and tax on that shipping cost. With Spooktacular, I sense that number is going to touch $700.

In my next post I'll go through my dilemma, but I figure I'll ask the question generally since I don't think I'm the only one in the same boat: What are you splurging your expiring points on before December 31st, 2021?
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:27 PM   #2
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So here's my dilemma. I have $646 in RP. Two Face, Riddler, and Penguin aren't anywhere near the horizon. I'd hate to see these codes go to waste. So I've whittled my choices down to 4 pieces.

-The Batman Vs. Superman Diorama (Spooktacular will most likely put me over the top for that one to be ostensibly free)

-The Batman Who Laughs PF

-Harley Quinn: Hell on Wheels PF

-Huntress PF

Couple of caveats: If I choose Harley, my wife has that that I should probably sell my OG Harley PF, because two Harleys is overkill.

Second, here's my current setup:

If I get Batman Who Laughs, I sense I'll have to move Robin over to my Trinity Area Where I have the OG Bats, Supes, and WW.

If I get Huntress, I'll probably pair her with Robin. Even though I'm kinda leaning toward all rogues in this setup with my Prime 1 Arkham Knight Batman being the centerpiece (Ostensibly making my own Batman: Sanity setup)
Old 10-08-2021, 04:32 PM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

'decent code drop event with NYCC'

Really? what was the total maximum count?
I amassed $0
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #4
Pharmer
The Herculoids

I’m eyeing the Huntress by P1…beautiful sculpt but QC problems galore…probably end up with a return with busted parts. The HotToys Tumbler is tempting even though the price took a significant hike from the 1st release and there’s the Kinetiquettes Chun Li…. Decisions…first world problem…

BTW…nice set up; I have 3 of those pieces ��
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #5
Star-struck
The Spirit

The Batman Who Laughs would probably fit your set up the best. Huntress too but she's a ways away. And BWL could be before the end of the year. Hell on Wheels is great but OG Harley and Joker look so good together.

I'll probably drop my points on Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from Tweeterhead.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:39 PM   #6
nearmint
Phoenix

So the current policy is that if you cancel an order, your points are returned to you. What happens if you use points today that are going to expire at the end of the year to preorder something, but end up cancelling that order in March. Do the points just vanish into the ether?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #7
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I used all but $120 of my points on the new Powergirl PF and Bo-Katan HT. I’m probably going to use my remaining points on the Captain Carter HT unless something else comes out before end of year that grabs me.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #8
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I used mine on Sideshow Seconds Superman Call To Action and the Rogue Maquette. Along with the 15% off for each, I saved over $800. The boxes just had a very minor not-so-perfect corner on one, and a 1cm slice on the other. The statues are perfect!

As for your dilemma, I'd get Huntress personally, despite being a ways off. The original Harley is a better fit for the original Joker, don't get rid of her!
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #9
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'd say Batman Who Laughs to keep with the rogues display. I'd keep the OG Harley...

$277.30...hopefully more before the end of the year, but no idea...still eyeing a moducase, but kind of want to spend it on a statue.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #10
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
The Batman Who Laughs would probably fit your set up the best. Huntress too but she's a ways away. And BWL could be before the end of the year. Hell on Wheels is great but OG Harley and Joker look so good together.

I'll probably drop my points on Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from Tweeterhead.
I'm leaning toward BWL as well. But again, he's not a character that has been on my radar because I kinda think of him as an Elseworlds character more than a top tier Batman Rogue. Even though his concept is cool and something I can get behind.