Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #1521
leplant
Deadman

I think your being overly specific about an observation where no specifics were stated or implied. If Atheris thinks PCS should have used different materials, is he not reviewing the statue? And if he likes the statue, but believes the materials used were inferior, isn't that a mixed review? Are we having a symantics disagreement? If so, why?
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #1522
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
I think your being overly specific about an observation where no specifics were stated or implied. If Atheris thinks PCS should have used different materials, is he not reviewing the statue? And if he likes the statue, but believes the materials used were inferior, isn't that a mixed review? Are we having a symantics disagreement? If so, why?
I guess we are. The why is because I disagree on two points 1) what qualifies as a review (for example I also wouldnt count an opinion of a movie trailer as a review of the movie) and 2) even then I disagree that the "reviews" are mixed I would say they are a big majority of positive. It's ok though there's nothing wrong with disagreeing
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #1523
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I guess we are. The why is because I disagree on two points 1) what qualifies as a review (for example I also wouldnt count an opinion of a movie trailer as a review of the movie) and 2) even then I disagree that the "reviews" are mixed I would say they are a big majority of positive. It's ok though there's nothing wrong with disagreeing
I haven't seen it in person, but I think it looks amazing in the pics. I felt like some folks didn't appear to be as enthusiastic, and i was just a bit surprised. Not condemning them, or taking an authoritative my opinion is superior approach. I do think I've got a fairly accurate read on their opinions though, and it's not as enthusiastic as mine.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #1524
Vader
Ghost

I think its an amazing piece. there is so much competition these days. this is one I'm keeping. I think many are just trying to convince themselves out of buying because of the wealth of other product available and the need to be selective. but if you're a fan of the character and the franchise, this has to be the best piece ever made.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #1525
Vader
Ghost

I think its an amazing piece. there is so much competition these days. this is one I'm keeping. I think many are just trying to convince themselves out of buying because of the wealth of other product available and the need to be selective. but if you're a fan of the character and the franchise, this has to be the best piece ever made of Goro.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #1526
dao2
Cyclops

It easy to condemn something in pictures ;p Especially as they aren't the best. There are some good pics of course (better then I could take at least ;p) but a lot of statues tend to get pictures that look professional. Also commenting on using a different material is fine I guess if you want some MM or not, however commenting on the quality of a material without actually seeing it well you wouldn't know the quality properly :| Secondary value yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it's tough to keep it, especially in the short run. Very very few statues are able to be able to recoup their costs (after shipping and all) immediately. Will it go up with time? Maybe, PCS has certainly taken a hit in this regard so it's an easy guess that it may not hold.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:33 PM   #1527
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
I haven't seen it in person, but I think it looks amazing in the pics. I felt like some folks didn't appear to be as enthusiastic, and i was just a bit surprised. Not condemning them, or taking an authoritative my opinion is superior approach. I do think I've got a fairly accurate read on their opinions though, and it's not as enthusiastic as mine.
Well, your opinion is 1:3 Goro gets mixed reviews and mine is that the big majority are positive. I also think I've got a fairly accurate read on the opinions as I follow appart from here also a lot of statue groups on facebook. That being said I also do not take a my opinion is superior approach so I am ok to agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that
Old 01-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #1528
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Well, your opinion is 1:3 Goro gets mixed reviews and mine is that the big majority are positive. I also think I've got a fairly accurate read on the opinions as I follow appart from here also a lot of statue groups on facebook. That being said I also do not take a my opinion is superior approach so I am ok to agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that
Your acknowledging the “majority” but not all, share your opinion?
Old 01-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #1529
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Your acknowledging the “majority” but not all, share your opinion?
Actualy I am acknowledging all the opinions/reviews I saw and read...hence how I can judge that the majority of those are overwhelmingly positive
Also, there is only so many different ways I can share my same opinion.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #1530
leplant
Deadman

Oh, I’m sorry. You didn’t know that was the end of the conversation? My last question was rhetorical.