Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Ron Lim

Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

RON LIM COMMISSIONS - ROUND 2 - Damn, the list is full!

THE LIST IS FULL THIS ROUND, SORRY FOLKS

Ron has had a great time doing these commission's and is truly appreciative of everyone who's willing to spend their hard earned $$ on his work. That being said, he's all go for another round of commissions to start up over the next few weeks. Just to go over the details again:

1) Commissions are on 11x14 Bristol Board and done in Pencil only. No inking or coloring is available. The pieces are blue lined first, then rendered in pencil.

2) Characters are $100 each, no discount currently for multiple character pieces. Ron wants to limit each piece to no more than 4 characters. This is to be able to do as many pieces as possible for as many people as possible, as well as the fact that space limitations make more characters difficult to do. No cover recreations or the like are being accepted.

3) For those who want Galactus to be in a piece of some sort, Ron always keeps him in scale with the other characters in a piece. So, for a Galactus and Surfer piece, Galactus will be a "bust" shot if you want Surfer to be full sized. If you would like Galactus to be full figured, it would mean reducing the size (and detail) of the Surfer. It will be your decision which way to go.

4) Ron will do a minimal background for free upon request. This is something so it doesn't look like the character is floating in the middle of nowhere. This equates to a planet in the background, a street corner, standing on a rock... . For more detailed backgrounds, like lots of rubble/smoke, a destroyed car/tank, a building...an additional $50 will be charged. No backgrounds will be "cover quality". $50 won't get you an entire city scape, solar system or the lost city of Atlantis, but it will be more detailed and grander than a simple planet or street corner.

5) If you should have any special requests re: poses, costumes, weapons, details to be added to the background...please let me know upfront so Ron knows when he starts. Once you send me your request, I'll reply with the cost breakdown so you can make payment at your earliest convenience (or let me know you don't want the piece).

6) Payments will be sent to me via Paypal or Money Order. Paypal payments will be requireed to cover the fees. Shipping will be $15 for Fedex Ground Insured shipping. Please be sure to include your shipping address (no PO Boxes because of Fedex) with your payments. Let me know your payment method when you send in your request so I can accurately calculate your total.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN YOUR REQUEST IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE US. Shipping costs will be significantly higher and will need to be calculated on a case by case basis.

7) I will let Ron know when payment is in so he can start the pieces. Once the piece is complete and being sent, I will give Ron the money. 2 months seems to be a fairly accurate turn around time on these, so figure on that being the waiting period. If your piece should look like it's going to take longer than 2 months, you have the option of a full refund, just let me know.

Ron likes to go between 7-10 commissions at a time, so if I get more requests than that, or all of the requests are 4 characters, this round will be cut into a few "parts" like the first round was. If you have already received a commission, you are more than welcome to request another, but you will be placed behind those who have not received one yet regardless of the order in which the requests are received.

Thanks all.

-Drew

Last edited by galactus; 01-04-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Round 1 Commissions

Old 01-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Round 1 Commissions

Old 01-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Round 1 Commissions

Last edited by galactus; 01-12-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Round 1 Commissions

Last edited by galactus; 01-09-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Pm sent can't wait
Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #7
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Gah!! If I had the extra $$$ I would be all over this!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

man, I am so tempted to get another Hulk piece but I will let other people get something. Hopefully there will be a round 3
Old 01-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
adee
Green Arrow

Bad time to be out of work
I really want a Surfer by Ron. All those pieces look fantastic! Congratz everyone!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #10
dr_teng

Aw nuts, I was hoping round 2 wouldn't be for a while after Christmas, just poor timing. I'm sure it won't take long to fill up. Hoping for a round 3 as well, can't wait to see the fantastic art.