Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #31
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
How many Sony products have any of you guys bought and said "Thats a piece of crap". I don't think i have EVER bought anything from Sony and regretted it. Same when I buy the PS3. Apart from the HD-DVD player from Toshiba i would NEVER buy any of their product. Its a basic player and the picture is great but its hardly next generation.
Quote:
In looks man. Its just a big box. I am sure the next machine looks a hell of alot better. I have a 10 year old Pioneer which looks newer than this one.
Ouch B! Honestly I've been a Sony fanboy since I was a kid and that's due in part cause of my old man. As I got older I saw that Sony really isn't the best and at times YES was crap. Now like you I too would have never bought something from Toshiba until I read up on them and actually got some of their stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
Soory but I completely disagree. It is clearly next generation.
And while it may look retro on the outside the PQ is far more then just "meh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I have 2 Toshiba retro projection tv's and am extremely satisfied with them.
Toshiba's notebooks are incredibly awesome and extremely well built. On the other hand my VAIO was a piece of crap. While at first it was awesome with it's Jog Dial and proprietary software, once I wanted to modify it and upgrade it, it was extremely limited and ended up subpar at best compared to say a Compaq!

I also have one of their Flat Screen CRTs of which I only got cause I couldn't afford a Sony one of the same size. And to top that off once I did get a Sony that one crapped out on me. Not to mention they skimp out on the inputs all the time while charging a higher price tag. My Toshiba is STILL in my living room right now being used while I have my WESTINGHOUSE LCD of which many tend to bash yet mine looks incredibly great for a 1080i LCD.

We have to separate brand from quality and clearly we're paying for brand on Sony's side. I used to only buy Sony digital equipment. Again they said they put out the first DSLR that I still use right now and feel ripped off that if I had waited a month longer I could have gotten an TRUE DSLR from Canon or Nikon for what I paid.

Their handycams are very handy but even so there's still better out there. I'm a big supporter of Memory Sticks as well, and for a while I thought those were the standard since Sony was so big. Obviously not the case because of the SmartDisks that have been around.

So all in all, I WAS buying the PS3 cause of it's gaming capabilities AND BR ones. But if they lose their exclusives like they pretty much have, I'll keep my 360 and get a standalone BR player if I have too depending on how things go with the war. The new Tosh A2 looks alot sleeker then before and faster too as the first while carries alot of high end components was pretty much a computer in itself.
All I'm saying is don't buy by brand names alone and research you'll find there's more then just the names that Best Buy and others throw out around there. (Well I dunno what big stores are out in IRE heh)
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #32
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So now it looks like FF13 might be cross-platform too. It was mentioned to be exclusive some time back, but in an interview with an actual Sony higher-up, he said "FF13 exclusivity is being discussed." As in, it was not exclusive all along? We just assumed it to be?

Fantastic.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #33
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

well...
seems like the BD VS HD talks started again.
being honest,
I personally don't care at all who win this format war...

this is just my point.

putting way way too much emphasis on functions other than "gaming" is exactly the reason why SONY screwed things up this bad...

come on... who cares about all the
"medical research capability" "multi-media player" "Internet exploraation function" ...
I'm buying a video game system for SONY's sake!! not some kind of super computer

SONY probably still don't get it yet...
not every game players are interested in those high-thch multi-media center stuff...

by forcing all those unnecessary functions in PS3 results in the most brutal game devolpoing enviornment for all the companies.
on the other hand,
one characteristic of XBOX360 of M$, offers a much more friendly devolpoing enviornment plus a number of user friendly tools which helps shaping up some programs, sure seems a easier shot.

I hate to admit it (being a MS hater...)
but SONY will lose to MS if they don't do something fast...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #34
Bartholomew
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Go Nintendo!!!
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Go Nintendo!!!
That's pretty much the best response
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #36
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
How many Sony products have any of you guys bought and said "Thats a piece of crap". I don't think i have EVER bought anything from Sony and regretted it. Same when I buy the PS3. Apart from the HD-DVD player from Toshiba i would NEVER buy any of their product. Its a basic player and the picture is great but its hardly next generation.
It`s not the quality of the products that are in question, after all the ps3 is an excellent piece of hardware, but more their business practices and there general arrogant attitude towards it`s consumers. The whole way in which sony have handled themselves with the ps3 launch, what with the false hype and constant contradictions has put ALOT of peolple off. I think it`s a good thing though as it`s about time they got knocked off their high horse.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:36 AM   #37
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Go Nintendo!!!
agreed!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:08 AM   #38
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Yep, you cant beat Mario, Donkey Kong or any other Nintendo creation!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #39
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
It`s not the quality of the products that are in question, after all the ps3 is an excellent piece of hardware, but more their business practices and there general arrogant attitude towards it`s consumers. The whole way in which sony have handled themselves with the ps3 launch, what with the false hype and constant contradictions has put ALOT of peolple off. I think it`s a good thing though as it`s about time they got knocked off their high horse.
If its not Sony its going to be MS who are on an even bigger horse. So their public relations on this one have sucked, we here in EU have got the biggest gripe for sure and I am not in favour of the region coding, never have been.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #40
Primal
Batman

Primal is offline   Reply With Quote