Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #121
Zorglub
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looks good !
Zorglub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:57 AM   #122
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Yes, 50. Mine did come with a print so I assume it's the NYCC edition. The link for that edition is broken now but I think I recall it saying the ES was 100 as well:

https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/s...-nycc-edition/

I can only assume they had to reduce the ES due to lack of sales. I'm not sure if they even sold any of the regular editions.
This post confirms they saw the 100 NYCC edition too. I don't know why ARH would put sold out on the regular if they didn't sell out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versuscinema View Post
what is "NYCC Edition" ?
it's limited to 100, but why?
I find it crazy that ARH can post that long rant or whatever you want to call it on Facebook. But can't update customers with a simple sentence that they cut in half the edition of one of their convention exclusive statues. We'll see if the normal holds to 100 or gets boosted by 50. Or if the NYCC edition of 50 was a misprint.

There is no excuse of not communicating with your customers. There never was before and even more so today when you have so many methods to use.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:22 AM   #123
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
This post confirms they saw the 100 NYCC edition too. I don't know why ARH would put sold out on the regular if they didn't sell out.

I find it crazy that ARH can post that long rant or whatever you want to call it on Facebook. But can't update customers with a simple sentence that they cut in half the edition of one of their convention exclusive statues. We'll see if the normal holds to 100 or gets boosted by 50. Or if the NYCC edition of 50 was a misprint.

There is no excuse of not communicating with your customers. There never was before and even more so today when you have so many methods to use.
False, Warlock communicates and keeps everyone updated/provide information all the time.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:44 AM   #124
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I dont think they need to update the customers about that one. In fact, if its the case, I think its cool that they label the actual es on the statues rather than projected ES. I think most companies write /5000 or whatever on their base and never bother to change it when they cant sell them and stop ordering in the remaining shipments from China.

smaller ES is just icing for those that bought in.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:34 AM   #125
grphyx1
Kingpin

Agreed. It would only matter if they increase the ES after order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
I dont think they need to update the customers about that one. In fact, if its the case, I think its cool that they label the actual es on the statues rather than projected ES. I think most companies write /5000 or whatever on their base and never bother to change it when they cant sell them and stop ordering in the remaining shipments from China.

smaller ES is just icing for those that bought in.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #126
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I also received the Death Dealer 3 EX last week. The EX was projected at 100 ES on the website. Total ES on the bottom of the base was 65. https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/s...eath-dealer-3/

Thinking back, I'm pretty certain I ordered the regular edition of this Virgin piece because the NYCC edition became unavailable shortly after NYCC ended last year. I would have ordered sooner but I was struggling to decide if I still wanted her after they dropped the planned creature from the piece. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like I ended up with an NYCC edition anyway since it included an art print (I think that was the only difference for this piece). I can only assume after they counted the total orders for both editions, they could only justify making 50 out of the projected 200 and they all ended up being NYCC edition anyway. If they couldn't even hit the projected sales to justify the 100 ES on the NYCC exclusive, it would seem to make sense that the regular editions would never get made. I honestly believe only 50 of these are in the wild and no more.

If the above scenario is true, the term "sold out" does seem a bit confusing on the Regular edition. Maybe taking down the Regular edition page and leaving the NYCC edition up showing "sold out" would make more sense. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure they take the NYCC editions down on the website as soon as NYCC ends. So I'm not sure what other alternative they had as far as the website goes.

As for communicating to customers about the reduced edition size, I agree that I would be more bothered if they increased the size after the fact. Reduced edition sizes are just extra icing on the cake for those that committed.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #127
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Yeah, sold out doesnt necessarilly mean they sold the ES, it just means they sold all they were willing to buy and ship here based on sales. If its not selling, theres no reason to go through the expense of manufacturing them all and shipping them all here, only to have them rotting in their warehouse for the next 10 years.

Also, I doubt anyone would be comforted by open communication if the message was an increase in ES. ARH would be creating an angry mob with pitchforks a year before it was even released lol.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #128
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Yeah, sold out doesnt necessarilly mean they sold the ES, it just means they sold all they were willing to buy and ship here based on sales. If its not selling, theres no reason to go through the expense of manufacturing them all and shipping them all here, only to have them rotting in their warehouse for the next 10 years.

Also, I doubt anyone would be comforted by open communication if the message was an increase in ES. ARH would be creating an angry mob with pitchforks a year before it was even released lol.
Exactly.

Also based on this evidence, I think we're beginning to see some truth in what Arahom and Ehren were saying about sales not being what was expected. At least on the Frazetta line.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #129
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

yeah, sux how it ended up. I think a lot of companies do that though- cut the ES when sales arent what they want. They just never adjust/correct it and the public is none the wiser. They just later wonder why they cant find any on ebay lol.

CS Moore's Aphrodite is one I think that was admitted as having a much lower ES than advertised. I kind of wonder now if DD1's total ES is gonna be the 190...
Old 08-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #130
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Exactly.

Also based on this evidence, I think we're beginning to see some truth in what Arahom and Ehren were saying about sales not being what was expected. At least on the Frazetta line.
Stop releasing everything ALL at the same time and maybe we can afford more stuff,passed on this cause I had 5 pre-orders already when they released them all the same time.And wanted to pick this up on a later date,cutting the ES is frustrating cause that later date when I had the funds wanted one he was cut short and sold out.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote