Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-09-2018, 05:02 AM   #291
Exorcist
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Waiting for the fabric cape edition...

Me 2, anyone happen to know when we can expect it?
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:35 AM   #292
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I'm really considering picking up Huntress to go with Poison Ivy and comic Harley. I think those three would be awesome together.

Can't decide whether I should go with sculpted or fabric cape. Leaning towards sculpted. Going to ponder this a bit more.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #293
Gothamite
Phoenix

Sculpted cape looks like it'd break easily, especially for the size of the statue.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:17 AM   #294
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Sculpted cape looks like it'd break easily, especially for the size of the statue.
define "break easily"? It's a statue, you assemble it, and display it. If there's a Tsunami or Earthquake you've got bigger problems to worry about, if it's a question of day to day rough and tumble - simply display your statues responsibly.

I love when people use pseudo "science" to justify their subjective opinion
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #295
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Cloth cape will fade easily. Superman sculpted cape will make it topple easily.

We can do this with any statue all day long.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #296
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
define "break easily"? It's a statue, you assemble it, and display it. If there's a Tsunami or Earthquake you've got bigger problems to worry about, if it's a question of day to day rough and tumble - simply display your statues responsibly.

I love when people use pseudo "science" to justify their subjective opinion
Break in transit. You didn't even understand my post but couldn't wait to offer random ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Cloth cape will fade easily. Superman sculpted cape will make it topple easily.

We can do this with any statue all day long.
Cloth capes won't fade if you don't subject them to sunlight. As for Superman's sculpted cape... aren't you reinforcing my point?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #297
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don't think the sculpted cape will break any easier than some of the other items statues come with that arrive intact. I'm not too worried about that since many statues come with sculpted capes.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #298
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Batman and Superman comic PFs came with hollow sculpted capes that were fairly durable. I'm sure Prime 1 will figure it out.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #299
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I've never known for many Prime 1 pieces to arrive broken, so I'm sure it'll be okay in transit. I know it does happen, but it's a rare occurrence.

They haven't released many pieces with sculpted capes and those that they did were quite thick and durable, but to the best of my knowledge I haven't seen any reports of those breaking.

But to base your purchasing decision solely on what may occur during shipping is somewhat......... as it's certainly possible that any piece from any manufacturer could end up broken in some fashion. You could end up not buying anything based on that criteria.

I think there's a greater 'chance' of chipping the cape as you're moving the statue about in your collection when setting it up, rather than during shipping.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:49 PM   #300
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I've never known for many Prime 1 pieces to arrive broken, so I'm sure it'll be okay in transit. I know it does happen, but it's a rare occurrence.

They haven't released many pieces with sculpted capes and those that they did were quite thick and durable, but to the best of my knowledge I haven't seen any reports of those breaking.

But to base your purchasing decision solely on what may occur during shipping is somewhat......... as it's certainly possible that any piece from any manufacturer could end up broken in some fashion. You could end up not buying anything based on that criteria.

I think there's a greater 'chance' of chipping the cape as you're moving the statue about in your collection when setting it up, rather than during shipping.
These days, most of the larger/reputable companies use Styrofoam shells to package statues. That's fine in general, but some pieces (removable heads, hands/arms, capes, etc.) really should be protected with bubble wrap or soft foam before being placed in their compartments.

I'm glad that other companies have started using fabric capes, even for smaller scales.