Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #821
ukshaun
Hercules

Spec Fiction appear to be able to sell a 1/3 statue for $770

Queen Studios / Madology: Evan Lee Collection - TGIF No.1 (1:3)
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=168434

The price is below $700 if purchased from Australia. The piece appears to require a lot more work, compared to 1/3 Cammy

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...ay-no-1-statue
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #822
goatchumby
The Herculoids

I don't know what the difference in licensing fees are between Capcom an Evan Lee but it could to be a contributing factor.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #823
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
I don't know what the difference in licensing fees are between Capcom an Evan Lee but it could to be a contributing factor.
Maybe..
Also, PCS paid a clay sculptor over a period of time, only to switch to a 3D computer sculptor to start over from scratch.
Maybe that cost has been passed onto the collector?
Old 07-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #824
dao2
Cyclops

22 inches is pretty short for a 1/3

Looks like a lot of detail though
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:51 AM   #825
The World
Justice League

If you want to pay that for a statue with ripoff brands on it, then sure go ahead lol.

Cammy is more impressive than that statue, no contest.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #826
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
If you want to pay that for a statue with ripoff brands on it, then sure go ahead lol.

Being queen studio I wonder about brands being used without some sort of approval, but regardless

Saying cammy has more going then this, really? thats just not true can you tell me what is so much more impressive then this atleast?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #827
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
22 inches is pretty short for a 1/3

Looks like a lot of detail though
It is possibly a 1/4 that is on the large side, or on a tall base or the small end of 1/3 ?
Old 07-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #828
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:

The original artist image featured the correct brands.
Maybe Queen Studios did not want to or could not get approval from the owners of the owners of the brands (logos). Hot Toys do the same thing when it comes to characters that wear well known brands of shoes. No one complains then.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:44 PM   #829
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Being queen studio I wonder about brands being used without some sort of approval, but regardless

Saying cammy has more going then this, really? thats just not true can you tell me what is so much more impressive then this atleast?
For one, the paint is very unimpressive on that Queen Studio statue.

The work that PCS did on the updated Cammy blows that one away in my eyes. Her skin and eyes are much more lifelike, detailed, and varying. In comparison, that Queen one feels soulless like a plastic doll.

I get the reason they did that with the brands in order to avoid paying royalties, but when you compare it to the original illustration that is a failure in my eyes. I would not want to pay that price with something that has knockoff brands on it like IHOO, S88WAY, or DUSSY'S. 100% feels like you are buying a bootleg statue.

And quality wise I have seen smaller PVC figures that look better than that statue. To me it looks more like a giant, low quality PVC figure than a quality polyresin statue. Just look at her hair for example, it's all just clunked up and not really defined well.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #830
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
For one, the paint is very unimpressive on that Queen Studio statue.

The work that PCS did on the updated Cammy blows that one away in my eyes. Her skin and eyes are much more lifelike, detailed, and varying. In comparison, that Queen one feels soulless like a plastic doll.

I get the reason they did that with the brands in order to avoid paying royalties, but when you compare it to the original illustration that is a failure in my eyes. I would not want to pay that price with something that has knockoff brands on it like IHOO, S88WAY, or DUSSY'S. 100% feels like you are buying a bootleg statue.

And quality wise I have seen smaller PVC figures that look better than that statue. To me it looks more like a giant, low quality PVC figure than a quality polyresin statue. Just look at her hair for example, it's all just clunked up and not really defined well.
I understand what you say I to like the cammy paint BUT and a huge BUT, first I wanna see if they can make it happen I dont know if you seen 1/4 sakura but that was a mess! and I know queen can deliver also Queen looks to be anime char so yeah it needs to look dolll like
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote