Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #851
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
I'm loving this diorama! I picked up Cable and Mystique, but am having trouble finding Professor X - anyone happen to know of a vendor that still has him in stock?
Popcultcha still has him. They're in Australia and usually take around 2 weeks to ship to the U.S. You can also try eBay or wait to see if he comes back in stock. With the popularity of the dio I think they will get more in eventually.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:01 PM   #852
Biggunz
Loki

It should come back in stock. Doesn’t make businesss sense if they keep selling sentinels and don’t keep making professor x.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:04 PM   #853
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Is it typical for Iron Studios to make more of an item like Professor X? I figured they’re gone for good once they sell out.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:34 PM   #854
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Is it typical for Iron Studios to make more of an item like Professor X? I figured they’re gone for good once they sell out.
Yeah, when they say these are limited that just means a window of time where they keep producing the statue for around a year and a half, however things in 2020 aren't exactly normal so don't take that as gospel.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:46 PM   #855
Toaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Yeah, when they say these are limited that just means a window of time where they keep producing the statue for around a year and a half, however things in 2020 aren't exactly normal so don't take that as gospel.
I appreciate the info - thanks! 🙏🏻
Old 07-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #856
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I mean if you check with Iron Studios they will tell you flat out that Professor X and Mystique are out of stock and not coming back. It's all over there Instagram pages where people are asking them about these two and they told them. Plus I signed up for notifications, checked their site and other sites daily for 3-4 months, and neither came back. Ended up going the eBay route.

I pre-ordered Cable yesterday, because he's pretty badass, but moving forward I am going to selectively chose which of these I want, since they have skyrocketed to $200 on up for some of the pieces. Blob I can only Imagine. If Magneto was $250, and that new Hulkbuster from Avengers AoU is $350, I would imagine Blob to be about $300, and whenever Juggernaut is released next year as a con exclusive, he would prolly be $350 as well. Those are steep prices for 1/10. Hell for about $200 more I can get 1/4 scale.

Anyways my rant is done, I ordered Cable but I have decided to sell off Professor X and Mystique. If you are interested, message me. I have seen the ebay/Amazon prices and can beat them, but I know these are rare and sold out so they won't be going for retail.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #857
Toaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I mean if you check with Iron Studios they will tell you flat out that Professor X and Mystique are out of stock and not coming back. It's all over there Instagram pages where people are asking them about these two and they told them. Plus I signed up for notifications, checked their site and other sites daily for 3-4 months, and neither came back. Ended up going the eBay route.

I pre-ordered Cable yesterday, because he's pretty badass, but moving forward I am going to selectively chose which of these I want, since they have skyrocketed to $200 on up for some of the pieces. Blob I can only Imagine. If Magneto was $250, and that new Hulkbuster from Avengers AoU is $350, I would imagine Blob to be about $300, and whenever Juggernaut is released next year as a con exclusive, he would prolly be $350 as well. Those are steep prices for 1/10. Hell for about $200 more I can get 1/4 scale.

Anyways my rant is done, I ordered Cable but I have decided to sell off Professor X and Mystique. If you are interested, message me. I have seen the ebay/Amazon prices and can beat them, but I know these are rare and sold out so they won't be going for retail.
I agree, the prices have already gotten really high for something so tiny and I too will be selective as to which standalone pieces I get as they will most likely continue to become more expensive as time goes on.

PMed you...
Old 07-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #858
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

SS Con pretty much advertised this diorama all week, i have to admit it is epic. It's a shame some pieces were average, but has enough pieces that were awesome. If i was an x-men fan just starting out in the hobby i'd probably go with this. Less expensive than if you wanted each character 1/4th.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #859
pamphyboy
Shadowhawk

yup. way too expensive to collect all. that’s why I decided just to get diorama #2 plus the rest of the villains. liking that blob a lot and omega red. thinking to get rogue since gambit comes with it but I don’t like rogue expression at all.
pamphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #860
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
You can never go wrong with diorama 1. My favorite among the 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Yeah Diorama 1 is top for sure.

I wish dio 2 had a little more sentinel or even a full sentinel with two hands blasting forward
No way! If I go the route of only 1, I'd choose 3 and characters from 1 & 2 and key proximity characters.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote