Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-02-2014, 01:46 AM   #1141
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

One more thing...

Tywin acted pretty hastily in sealing Tyrion's fate, don't you all think? It looked like The Mountain was dead or dying from his wounds as well. Wouldn't that be a draw?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #1142
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quite the dramatic scene with the mother of dragons. Well played. Same with Oberyn too bad he was so short lived. What a surprising turn with Sansa didnt see that coming. The scene when Arya and The hound learned of Lysas demise was too funny. Was really hoping to se her reunited with her sister! As for lord Baleish I think hes bitten off more than he can chew with Sansa perhaps.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #1143
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'd been dreading that scene all season after having read the books after the end of last season. One of my favourite characters even as short-lived as he was, and have to tip the hat to HBO and the show's producers for keeping the scene as powerful as it was in the books. Still crushes (pun not intended) me every time I think how brilliantly Oberyn was cast and how charismatic his character was
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:49 AM   #1144
MrYac
Hercules

one hit from the Mountain and all his teeth just flew out, seeing him laying there with just his gums was rough... poor bastard deserved better
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:51 AM   #1145
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Unbelievably brutal conclusion to that fight. The way the whole thing unfolded just felt so surreal. I can't get it out of my head. No way I'd have predicted the chain of events and the outcome. Really curious to see if the Mountain was fatally wounded or not. Sucks to see the most interesting character of this season meet an untimely end... but wow, what an impact.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:02 AM   #1146
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I have a feeling that The Mountain survived (I haven't read the books) - for me Ive always felt like his story is embroiled with his brother and that if anyone's going to take out The Mountain, it would be the Hound. Worried though as they mentioned his bite might be infected which is never a good thing.

Horrible horrible way for Oberyn to go and I was dreading it, but then it looked like he one, and one easily so I relaxed. Then when the Mountain flipped him, I knew that was it, but that was just brutal to watch.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #1147
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
I have a feeling that The Mountain survived (I haven't read the books) - for me Ive always felt like his story is embroiled with his brother and that if anyone's going to take out The Mountain, it would be the Hound. Worried though as they mentioned his bite might be infected which is never a good thing.

Horrible horrible way for Oberyn to go and I was dreading it, but then it looked like he one, and one easily so I relaxed. Then when the Mountain flipped him, I knew that was it, but that was just brutal to watch.
I knew it wasn't over. Oberyn was letting his emotions get the better of him and kept standing way too close to The Mountain. The only thing that gave me some reassurance as he stood there was that The Mountain didn't seem to have a weapon within reach. I simply forgot how massive he was and that all he would need was his bare hands.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #1148
AsOneDead
You got red on you

That was a really disappointing fight. Really annoyed at the fact that Oberyn pretty much won with ease but lost cause of his stupid ego. Also, I found his death to be way too over the top, and this coming from a guy that loves over the top gore. He got punched and most of his teeth flew out then got his head squashed like a rotten piece of fruit. Seemed almost like a cartoon.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #1149
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I think this was the second actor to portray Gregor as well right? I liked the old one better. He looked rougher and meaner and more craggy.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #1150
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
One more thing...

Tywin acted pretty hastily in sealing Tyrion's fate, don't you all think? It looked like The Mountain was dead or dying from his wounds as well. Wouldn't that be a draw?
Not a draw as Oberion had to WIN the fight and LIVE to save Tyrion.

Look at it that if Tyrion had to fight himself, he would have been killed by the mountain. So either way -- he dies.

I wasn't sure that the show would ever bring up the issue again that Jorrah spied on Dani. Guess I was wrong.

And Sansa -- my girl has come the full circle -- one of my fave parts of the series. And her new dress is quite stunning. I'm still hoping at the end of thie series, Sansa is Queen of something and taking no prisoners.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote