Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #1641
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I hope we'll get to hear more High Sparrow stories. I wonder... does he have irritable bowel syndrome? A rash that never goes away? Maybe something, anything about his daily hygiene regimen?
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:19 AM   #1642
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Loras has no information about the Joffrey incident at all. the only people actually involved in it were Little Finger, Olenna and the Drunk that Little Finger killed. Sansa learned after the fact and Olenna hinted strong enough to Margery that she knows as well, but nobody else.
I'd imagine if Margaery knows, Loras does too - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7033576.html
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:08 AM   #1643
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:21 AM   #1644
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

My favorite episode this season by far. The ending was powerful and some pretty brilliant storytelling if you ask me. No way anyone would've ever predicted the chain of events leading to the fate of Hodor. I might be in the minority but that was probably a top five moment in the series for me. Tragic but brilliant.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #1645
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
No way anyone would've ever predicted the chain of events leading to the fate of Hodor.
actually I've read that theory on his "origin" ever since Bran possibly talked to Ned. never would've dawned on me personally, but some folks figured it out.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:54 AM   #1646
gomur
The Tick

Damn, another dire wolf bites the dust?!?

So, what, only 2 left from the original litter?

Oh yeah, and Hodor's fate was pretty sad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
Dammit, ONEYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The ending was powerful and some pretty brilliant storytelling if you ask me. No way anyone would've ever predicted the chain of events leading to the fate of Hodor. I might be in the minority but that was probably a top five moment in the series for me. Tragic but brilliant.
Yeah, I was pretty moved by it. Powerful is the right word. But man if I try and make a list of top moments. Top 5 is a tall order for this show.

Ned's beheading.
Daenerys rising from Drogo's pyre with dragons.
Red Wedding.
Massacre at Hardhome.

That's already four.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:38 AM   #1647
johnclone
The Enchantress

There's something that is nagging at me and won't stop.
not going to say it is a flaw in the plot exactly, it's more of a mystery.

let's put it this way. Did the three eyed raven ever tell Bran that whatever he does, don't let the night king touch him, even in a vision, and the consequences of what could happen if he ever were touched by him would be catastrophic? If he didn't tell him before it happened, could there be a good reason for leaving that tidbit of information out? I'd think that would be the first thing he should have been told about "warging"

Then after he sees that the night king has left his mark on him, why did the raven go warging with him to the past, instead of insisting that he get out of there pronto? Was there something terribly important about seeing his father as a little boy that couldn't be postponed? Am I understanding correctly that had Bran left the cave at the moment he saw the mark appear on his wrist that the night king would not have been able to enter, that he was able to enter because Bran was inside and he bore the marks on his wrist?

Should we assume that Bran could never have avoided the night king touching him? That the vision he had of the wights and the walkers all assembled was under the power of the night king? Since the night king went from being on his horse a good distance away to right next to Bran in a split second it did seem that the king could control the vision at will and Bran was helpless to stop him.

Also, knowing that Hodor had such an origin, that he somehow saw Bran in the past, as Bran (or is it Brann?) warged in from the future, and this actually caused him to become "Hodor" does this mean that destiny had to be fulfilled, so therefore everything had to happen the way it did, and that the raven knew all this all along, and that is why he allowed everything to happen the way it did?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:42 AM   #1648
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Hold the door
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #1649
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
actually I've read that theory on his "origin" ever since Bran possibly talked to Ned. never would've dawned on me personally, but some folks figured it out.
I suppose I could see some theorizing Bran was responsible for Hodor's condition but I'd have a hard time believing anyone figured out Hodor = hold the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Yeah, I was pretty moved by it. Powerful is the right word. But man if I try and make a list of top moments. Top 5 is a tall order for this show.

Ned's beheading.
Daenerys rising from Drogo's pyre with dragons.
Red Wedding.
Massacre at Hardhome.

That's already four.
It makes the list for me simply because it was so damn heartbreaking and turns what most would pass off as a simple character trait over 6 seasons into a brilliant bit of foreshadowing.

My top 5..
  • Ned's beheading
  • The Mountain and the Viper
  • The Red Wedding
  • Hardhome
  • Hold the door

Last edited by Hellboy; 05-23-2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Damn auto correct
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #1650
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
There's something that is nagging at me and won't stop.
not going to say it is a flaw in the plot exactly, it's more of a mystery.

let's put it this way. Did the three eyed raven ever tell Bran that whatever he does, don't let the night king touch him, even in a vision, and the consequences of what could happen if he ever were touched by him would be catastrophic? If he didn't tell him before it happened, could there be a good reason for leaving that tidbit of information out? I'd think that would be the first thing he should have been told about "warging"

Then after he sees that the night king has left his mark on him, why did the raven go warging with him to the past, instead of insisting that he get out of there pronto? Was there something terribly important about seeing his father as a little boy that couldn't be postponed? Am I understanding correctly that had Bran left the cave at the moment he saw the mark appear on his wrist that the night king would not have been able to enter, that he was able to enter because Bran was inside and he bore the marks on his wrist?

Should we assume that Bran could never have avoided the night king touching him? That the vision he had of the wights and the walkers all assembled was under the power of the night king? Since the night king went from being on his horse a good distance away to right next to Bran in a split second it did seem that the king could control the vision at will and Bran was helpless to stop him.

Also, knowing that Hodor had such an origin, that he somehow saw Bran in the past, as Bran (or is it Brann?) warged in from the future, and this actually caused him to become "Hodor" does this mean that destiny had to be fulfilled, so therefore everything had to happen the way it did, and that the raven knew all this all along, and that is why he allowed everything to happen the way it did?
That's how I took it John, it was like a cyclical paradox that had to occur - the Raven taking Bran back to Winterfell so that Hodor could see him, connect him to Meera screaming Hold the Door to trigger the fit. The 'Inside the Episode' video mentions a bit on that, how things are meant to be.

I'm really curious to see whether Bran can actually go back and warn people, like his father, but then if he did, how come Ned died originally? It seems like even if he was to affect something in the past, it was always that way and the fates we've seen are as a result of it (whether we've seen Bran's interaction yet or not).

Definitely a great and touching episode, can't wait for the next one!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote