Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #2151
johnclone
The Enchantress

So far so good, I still have no idea what to expect tonight, managed to avoid everything out there
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #2152
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Spoiler free paid off - bam. That was a fun episode. I got real scared that Tormund was done for. Thanks for saving the day Hound! Tormund needs to live forever because who is going to replace his amazing banter?!

I was upset when they toasted My favorite dragon, but it's ok bc he is back and blue eyed. Which posters called that? Smart peeps.

I still think the Sansa note is a forced plot point. However, the dynamic between Arya and Sansa makes it all worth it.

And after tonight, I'm getting the solid feeling that the Nigjt King is exactly who it is rumored to be. Seems he is a little too prepared to slay dragons.

Oh and where the hell is Ghost?! Seriously. The only wolf with his owner should get some love.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #2153
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I was upset when they toasted My favorite dragon, but it's ok bc he is back and blue eyed. Which posters called that? Smart peeps.

And after tonight, I'm getting the solid feeling that the Nigjt King is exactly who it is rumored to be. Seems he is a little too prepared to slay dragons.
How is it possible to have a favorite? What's that based on?

Night King rumor? From book readers? EDIT: Oh, are you talking about that Bran thing? pffft. :P

Convenient that there are two dragons left now, one being named after Jon's father...wonder who will ride him? ;D

And I didn't quite catch the second to last sentence (I think) from Dany, before she left Jon's bedside. Something about 'servant'? Anyone fill me in?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #2154
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Color - I always loved the pretty yellows and greens that Viserion had. Green is my favorite color, but Rhaegal is almost too dark/red to tell I mean, why do people like Drogon? Is it just bc he is the biggest and shown the most?

I believe Dani asked if she was "deserving" of being the Queen over the people who follow Jon. To which he said, "you deserve it".
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #2155
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Uncle Benjie? Who was he and where did he pop up from?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #2156
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Uncle Benjie? Who was he and where did he pop up from?
Ned's brother. Benjen was a part of the Night's Watch, went beyond the wall but didn't return. He saved Bran last season after they escaped the cave where Hodor died.

Btw, Sindragosa anyone?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:52 AM   #2157
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Epic again! Oh my what an ending too! I'm always spoiler free and just loving this season. No previews for me either.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:39 AM   #2158
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Color - I always loved the pretty yellows and greens that Viserion had. Green is my favorite color, but Rhaegal is almost too dark/red to tell I mean, why do people like Drogon? Is it just bc he is the biggest and shown the most?

I believe Dani asked if she was "deserving" of being the Queen over the people who follow Jon. To which he said, "you deserve it".
Cool. I haven't noticed their color differences much in years. And they've barely shown the other two. I would say Drogon for just that reason - we've been able to see a little bit more personality (if only just being protective of Dany).

Yes, thank you. I just watched it again. I think it was "I hope I deserve it." And "you do." Sometimes I can't understand when these Brits mumble under their breath. lol YEARS ago, in season one, Ned was talking with Jaime in the throne room. I had to replay that a dozen or more times until I could figure out what Sean Bean was saying.

Easily top three episode, with Hardhome and Mountain and the Viper. Baelor was great too.

With the second viewing, I kept the Bran theory in mind. At first some signs pointed to it, but then the pendulum swung hard the other way for me. I'd really hate that to be the reveal though. I think that would unnecessarily convolute things. The world is rich and intricate already without a time-traveling mind involved. And I doubt Martin's smart enough to do it without the inevitable plotholes that would eat at my brain forever. I've already filed away four or five problems with the theory from this ep alone.

I've resigned myself to not getting answers to everything, after reading some of Martin's thoughts on the world and it's continents of Sothoryos and Ulthos, and this ep lowered expectations further with that conversation between Beric and Jon.

EDIT: Oh, one other interesting bit I noticed on second viewing: When NK killed Viserion with the ice javelin, there was a ton of blood and more importantly, fire, escaping the wound. It's like he punctured some sort of 'fire organ' (or perhaps just the lungs). At any rate, for that reason, combined with the fact that the undead don't breathe (nor do they even have working organs, like say, those organs which produce whatever combusts), I don't foresee a fire-breathing undead Viserion. Otherwise, I hope that plothole gets filled...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #2159
johnclone
The Enchantress

Oh such drama! I need a whole day to recover!

Oh that's it, The Hound's dead, nope now Jorah's definitely a goner, ooh, we just lost Tormund, too bad... Was that the hound falling off the edge of the island? Aw crap he's dead! Oh come on! Are they really killing Jon Snow? What the? What are they going to do make him a zombie now?

The thing is, I have no idea who the characters were that got killed! Red shirts I guess? The one guy wearing a hood that fell off the island looked to me just like the Hound, I really thought he was dead for a bit there. Turns out the only ones who died are characters we probably don't care much about. Ha.

When the one general gave the NK his special extra pointy spear, I was just like, "Oh sh-t. Here it comes." You knew it was dangerous because of the way he handed it to him. Like it was very important.

I think Viserion will breathe a kind of ice flame, it will be very destructive like fire, but will turn everything to ice. I guess the main thing he'd be useful for would be attacking a castle or other fortification such as the Wall. It was really, really hard to watch him crash like that. I've never felt so depressed from watching CGI before. Is it at all possible he could be brought back from the dead? As in he's "mostly dead"? Hmm... Let's not write him off just yet. Although he's probably a goner and Drogon will have to thoroughly burn him.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #2160
Y3E
Gen 13

I jhst want to know what happenef to the hammer?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote