Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #2241
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Speaking of the Wolves, they're a lot less important to the story than I thought they would be.
which is a damn shame as the wolves were so much cooler than stupid dragons. every episode where Ghost is just ignored and not by Jon's side every step he takes gets me more and more angry.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #2242
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Preach Mr. Yac. Where the hell is Ghost?! I mean, I know IRL that dog has passed away, but come on. CGI his adorable fuzzy face.

I think it would be fun to see Ghost and Drogon near each other.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #2243
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
which is a damn shame as the wolves were so much cooler than stupid dragons. every episode where Ghost is just ignored and not by Jon's side every step he takes gets me more and more angry.
I haven't read the books but from what I understand the dire wolves played a larger role overall and were a bigger presence than they have been on the show. If that's the case then I think the change was probably due to budgetary concerns.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #2244
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ghost was supposed to be in the Battle of the Bastards. But budget did come into play and he was left out in favor of using the giant Wun Wun (?) during the battle.

It's been at least a season and a half since we had mention or sighting of Ghost, sadly.

But I'm not buying the budget concerns for these next two seasons. How much more can a wolf cost than three dragons, a horde of zombies, and everything else? Budget is as dead as Joffrey and the Freys.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #2245
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
But I'm not buying the budget concerns for these next two seasons. How much more can a wolf cost than three dragons, a horde of zombies, and everything else? Budget is as dead as Joffrey and the Freys.
I don't know, but the wolves require a constant on set handler as well as cgi. They are also around in every scene a Stark is in apparently, if they follow the books, as opposed to dragons and giants which are only glimpsed briefly for the most part. So when you add the cost of that, on top of the cost of three dragons, a horde of zombies, and everything else, I'd say we end up without any dire wolves on screen. HBO has considerably upped the budget in these last seasons, but there are limits, it is TV after all. As someone who hasn't read the books it's a non-issue, but I guess to readers it could be bothersome.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #2246
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
He can foresee something happening, but it has to actually happen for it to be fulfilled, otherwise they are just possibilities. And I don't know if his power shows "possibilities" as well as reality. It's not The Force, so I don't know if for him "always in motion is the future" or if the future is something concrete for him like the past.
I'm not sure about that - Martin seems to be abiding by immutable time, as evidenced by Hodor. He became Hodor when Bran was just a baby (or unborn - I don't recall...), indicating that the timeline is set. The Bran future warging already 'happened'. The door is open to deviate from that, with Ned hearing Bran's voice at the Tower of Joy, but that too may have always happened. We just weren't privy to that info before they showed us. To establish an immutable timeline, then have Bran be some wildcard with the ability to change it, would cheapen it imo. It's like a 'get out of jail' card for an author.

I'm thankful Star Wars hasn't gone down the time travel road...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #2247
Luminous
Cyclops

As many potential pitfalls exist with time travel stories I still find them fascinating and more often than not enjoy them. That said, storytellers do need to be careful not to break their own rules.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:29 AM   #2248
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
As many potential pitfalls exist with time travel stories I still find them fascinating and more often than not enjoy them. That said, storytellers do need to be careful not to break their own rules.
Absolutely key.

I always make this point to family and friends who aren't typically scifi or fantasy fans. A lot of these types of viewers think all these stories do it, but that's not true of course. It's possible to use an established theory, then posit some additional info without being contradictory.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #2249
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bran doesn't just see things that have happened. He sees can things before they happen.

Prime example is his vision where Cersei blew up the sept with Dragon Fire. Bran saw that in his vision BEFORE it happened. It was in with the blur of items that HBO showed. Just looked it up --Season 6, Episode 6.

I really think that Bran is in some sort of Dark Tower situation where it is the same person (or soul) trying to prevent evils but can't help but cause more. Bran is Sisyphus GoT style.

Which now as I type this, wouldn't it be a trip if this entire show was just a story of Bran's travel through the ages. He is in the present and the storylines we are seeing as all that has happened in the past Bran is trying to find the point in the saga where the "alteration" can occur to prevent utter destruction?
Old 08-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #2250
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

was thinking the same thing,, maybe it was Bran who send a assasin to kill himself,,just after his fall, from which events supposedly were set in motion
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote