Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #61
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If you really want me to answer that maybe we can take that discussion to the wrestling thread. I understand someone who doesn't really watch wrestling could just call it fake but it's just a term that's seen as dismissive to fans and insulting to the athletes.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #62
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

No, that's alright. With all respect to you and wrestling fans I am not that interested. I don't call wrestling fake to dismiss it or to take away from anyone's enjoyment of it, and I do recognize the work that goes into it from the athletes as I mentioned in my previous post. Having said all of that and again with all due respect, I see pro-wrestling as more of a performance than a true sport with true competition. I understand pro-wrestling fans may disagree with me.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #63
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
No, that's alright. With all respect to you and wrestling fans I am not that interested. I don't call wrestling fake to dismiss it or to take away from anyone's enjoyment of it, and I do recognize the work that goes into it from the athletes as I mentioned in my previous post. Having said all of that and again with all due respect, I see pro-wrestling as more of a performance than a true sport with true competition. I understand pro-wrestling fans may disagree with me.
I'm not a super die hard fan, but even for me, that's all I ask of most people
Old 06-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #64
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Looking forward to seeing Brock back in the Octagon. They gave him one he'll of a return fight opponent in Mark Hunt. Lesnar doesn't like to be hit and Mark Hunt loves to hit so it will be interesting.

I'm curious to see if Brock has improved now that he's healthy. When he last fought in UFC he was not 100% due to diverticulitis.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #65
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
If you really want me to answer that maybe we can take that discussion to the wrestling thread. I understand someone who doesn't really watch wrestling could just call it fake but it's just a term that's seen as dismissive to fans and insulting to the athletes.
The truth is its Fake as in not really trying to submit your competitor...real meaning someone actively trying to best and defeat you...no doubt pro wrestlers are expecting a predetermined outcome with some risk but knowing their ultimate goal is to entertain you.

I do respect their athleticism, but in no way do they feel they are in a real fight like an MMA fighter.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #66
MrJones

So how about that Brock Lesnar eh? What a freak!
Old 07-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #67
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Brock did pretty well actually. Especially considering his time away from the octagon.

I was more impressed with Cain's performance though!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:20 PM   #68
warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
So how about that Brock Lesnar eh? What a freak!
Talented athlete...great strategy on his part...boring fight.
All credit to Brock for implementing his gameplan, which made for a boring fight but still gave him the W.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #69
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Card looked pretty good but turned out to be pretty boring. Too much laying about for both Lesnar and Cormier, but whatever helps you win I guess. Cormier should've tested himself and tried to bang it out with Silva since nothing was on the line for him, but instead he was just in Silva's half guard for most of the fight.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:13 AM   #70
warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Card looked pretty good but turned out to be pretty boring. Too much laying about for both Lesnar and Cormier, but whatever helps you win I guess. Cormier should've tested himself and tried to bang it out with Silva since nothing was on the line for him, but instead he was just in Silva's half guard for most of the fight.
Agreed both of those fights brought down the card...hard to blame Cormier...Jones pullout did a mindf--k on him and he was there just to pickup what was left of his purse.