Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #41
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah it sounds like cheap is the operative word here. I hope better examples are out there, hopefully they aren’t just really expensive plastic duds.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #42
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
When will the brachiosaurus be available?
vKevinnn - is that a photo of yours? Does yours also have the "marbling"?

Blade, thanks for the term, never heard of it.
Perhaps the issues with trike is why Rex was delayed.

Edit: Though it doesn't change anything, from a distance it looks lifelike more life-like than Papo models, perhaps due to the features, though shallow, are not exaggerated for it's small size.
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #43
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
vKevinnn - is that a photo of yours? Does yours also have the "marbling"?

Blade, thanks for the term, never heard of it.
Perhaps the issues with trike is why Rex was delayed.

Edit: Though it doesn't change anything, from a distance it looks lifelike more life-like than Papo models, perhaps due to the features, though shallow, are not exaggerated for it's small size.
not sure what that would look like. Biggest thing was Im not sure if a triceratops would look this dry, the horns and beak are glossy so it really contrasts with the skin
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #44
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Got the mini Triceratops last week. Good quality product imo, paint is good etc. And the box art is nostalgic. I think you guys just got bad samples. I'm looking forward to the Brachiosaurus.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:38 AM   #45
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Nobody has talked about the new small dinos, they look very good and the best thing is to see that this collection continues, being able to get a great collection, all together will be luxurious and do not occupy the large space that the large ones occupy. Also now we have smaller dinosaurs like Velociraptor Blue, hopefully they take out all the Raptors in the saga.

John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #46
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Getting that spino. I'll have both the 1/15 and this one (1/35?)
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #47
Blade3327
Nightwing

Don't have high hopes for these, given how lousy the castings and paint were for the Rex and Trike.

If anyone's interested in 1/35 JP-style dinosaurs and hasn't heard of Nanmu, I recommend looking into their stuff. You can find them on BBTS.

Sharp sculpts, translucent teeth, paint apps come out very close to prototype, and they're affordable. $70-$90 price range so far. Most are PVC, but they've started doing resin casts for certain poses.

Their Trike has an upright version in PVC and a "sick" version in resin with a plant base.

Buck T-Rex is coming soon and will be displayable without the rock base, no word on materials yet. They have another Rex out now called the "Alpha" which looks to be based on the Doe from TLW, but it's also available in the Buck's green colors.

Not shilling them, just a big fan of what they're doing.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #48
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

I'm interested in the small dinos as long as the paint job is similar to the pics.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:34 AM   #49
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

I'm definitely ordering the Rex (I love the big roaring pose), Spino, and Blue. Maybe the Carno too. They all look really good
Thorondor_33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:22 AM   #50
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It is true that the final result was worse than the prototype, yet I insist that these figures improve together.
As for Nanmu, I have everything that he has brought out reminiscent of Jurassic and they are very good and are improving a lot, so much that the first, the Indominus Rex, seems that they are going to re-edit it.
Finally, I also have JPIII's Spinosaurus from the W-Dragon brand and it's even better than Nanmu's and maybe Prime's, at least the mold is the one that most closely resembles the one from the movie.

John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote