Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #251
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
G

Came broken in half but some glue and it is fine
What do you mean it came broken. Where ? It look so nice. Still waiting for mine to ship . Wow lovin the look and detail.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #252
Spazzy
Hercules

the body is made in two pieces then glued together in the waist, it came to me in two parts, the section that was glued into the bottom half was cracked, but the seam is hidden, some glue and it is probably stronger than it was before, it is hollow (but still heavy) but at that cracked part it was pretty thinly casted, I assume more are going to be like this, but really was an easy fix, anyone with strong glue can make the fix.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #253
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
The paint looks great! Congratulations guys!

Did you decide to keep this one, Scott?

Sorry to hear about the damage, Spazz but I'm glad it's easily fixable
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #254
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks for the pics, looks real good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Did you decide to keep this one, Scott?
No, I canceled mine. Actually sold all 5 girls too.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #255
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
And you didn't tell me you were sellin em?!

Anyway, hope you got a decent profit from the sale. It's not like you're not quittin on us, are ya?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #256
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Sorry bro. I wouldn't have felt comfortable selling them to you for the prices I sold those for. I needed top dollar for them to pay for a new roof and a few other pending expenses. It wasn't something I wanted to do but sacrifices had to be made and at the end of the day, as much as I liked the girls, they weren't what I felt imperative to my collection. They were just 5 of many things I decided to let go of.

The profit was indeed nice seeing as how I bought all at or below retail. And no I'm not quitting but I've cut back significantly over the past couple years. Not a lot has been coming out that interests me and the QC issues with Sideshow product has kept me from spending to much with them.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #257
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I didn't know (or remember) that this was limited to only 150. If they made an exclusive with a small Baby Doll to go on the gun, I would have picked this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Actually sold all 5 girls too.
What?!

I still think another company can top the Gentle Giant pieces for action poses anyway.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #258
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Anyone, what is diameter of Samurai base pls ?
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #259
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sorry bro. I wouldn't have felt comfortable selling them to you for the prices I sold those for. I needed top dollar for them to pay for a new roof and a few other pending expenses. It wasn't something I wanted to do but sacrifices had to be made and at the end of the day, as much as I liked the girls, they weren't what I felt imperative to my collection. They were just 5 of many things I decided to let go of.

The profit was indeed nice seeing as how I bought all at or below retail. And no I'm not quitting but I've cut back significantly over the past couple years. Not a lot has been coming out that interests me and the QC issues with Sideshow product has kept me from spending to much with them.
You are a good man, brother. I'm glad you sold them at a good profit. For you, I would've been happy to match it any day of the week but now wouldn't have been a good time for me anyway, so it's all good.

I really admire your objectivity towards your statues though. Something I wish I could have, but I'm getting there. I just need a bit more seasoning

So how's the roof?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #260
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I guess allot of people have not recieved theres or no complaints. Still waiting on my shipping notice. But it a good thing no negative post yet... I guess we are waiting for honey trap info next.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote