Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #121
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I met the Chloe girl today while she was taping extra and she just turned 21.. She was the computer hacker...
She was the best one of the group.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #122
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Well...I just finished watching the pilot....and....I liked it...a LOT! I'm very excited for the next episode, and I still have high hopes for this series. My one concern is that they will have Extremis be the storyline for the whole first season. I still hope this in not the case. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #123
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I met the Chloe girl today while she was taping extra and she just turned 21.. She was the computer hacker...
Makes sense, all the mature Shield agents probably got killed in the avengers when Loki tried to kill the world. Fury probably put up a "now hiring" Ad after the clean up.

Enter "agents of Shield"

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #124
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Well...I just finished watching the pilot....and....I liked it...a LOT! I'm very excited for the next episode, and I still have high hopes for this series. My one concern is that they will have Extremis be the storyline for the whole first season. I still hope this in not the case. Looking forward to next week's episode.
My guess....it's the leader.

Their was an awful lot of talk about "gamma radiation" in this first episode.

Also, in the the 2008 Hulk film we see Hulks blood spill onto the doctors head where it then begins to bubble and expand. We never heard from him since. It would make sense he gets brought back into the picture as the guy behind the scenes.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #125
Superhero
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Man, people are talking like the show and writing it off like it has been on a full season and was a complete disaster. This is only the first episode and it was written and directed by Whedon. Whedon writes his stories light and usually has this type of humor. And don't forget, this show is not just for the comic geeks like us, it is for the non-comic people who made the Avengers one of the biggest movies ever. They mentioned Avengers and the storyline was linked to the movie to make the non-comic book people comfortable with the show. If they had started with some random hero, it would be a bit harder to pull people in. We already know that Graviton will be here this season, they are obviously going to take care of us comic nerds.
I don't think people are writing it off. I am certainly not. I get that shows often get better over time but as a first shot out of the box which is intended to hook the audience and get us excited to watch more, it fell far below expectations. I will watch more because I like and have faith in Joss Whedon and the MU but judged on its own merit as a pilot episode, it was disappointing. More so for me because I saw very little of the witty writing and interesting plots present in latter day Buffy and Angel. It is unfair to compare the shows because frankly, Joss Whedon is far more successful and experienced now than he was then. Also, he has a significantly larger budget and access to better actors so I don't buy that excuse for this at all. Frankly, the fact that anyone needs to make excuses says it all.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #126
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero View Post
I don't think people are writing it off. I am certainly not. I get that shows often get better over time but as a first shot out of the box which is intended to hook the audience and get us excited to watch more, it fell far below expectations. I will watch more because I like and have faith in Joss Whedon and the MU but judged on its own merit as a pilot episode, it was disappointing. More so for me because I saw very little of the witty writing and interesting plots present in latter day Buffy and Angel. It is unfair to compare the shows because frankly, Joss Whedon is far more successful and experienced now than he was then. Also, he has a significantly larger budget and access to better actors so I don't buy that excuse for this at all. Frankly, the fact that anyone needs to make excuses says it all.
I'm not making excuses, I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous it is to savage a show after one episode, the pilot, which is used to sell the show to the networks. People calling the corvette (which is a mighty fine car by the way) flying off at the end cliche? SHIELD agents still have cars that do that in the comics, how is that cliche when they are using something from the comics?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #127
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
My guess....it's the leader.

Their was an awful lot of talk about "gamma radiation" in this first episode.

Also, in the the 2008 Hulk film we see Hulks blood spill onto the doctors head where it then begins to bubble and expand. We never heard from him since. It would make sense he gets brought back into the picture as the guy behind the scenes.

Chris

"Take me to your Leader"!

The Leader would be very
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #128
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I'm not making excuses, I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous it is to savage a show after one episode, the pilot, which is used to sell the show to the networks. People calling the corvette (which is a mighty fine car by the way) flying off at the end cliche? SHIELD agents still have cars that do that in the comics, how is that cliche when they are using something from the comics?
I think only one person said the car was a bit to BTTF, and lets be honest, it kind of is. The characters are what is totally cliche however. Nerdy scientists/tech guy & girl, reluctant seasoned veteran, James Bond type action guy and token new girl conveniently joining the team so Coulson has a reason to explain to her (and the viewer) how everything within S.H.I.E.L.D. works.

As for judging the series, I can only speak for myself but I'm just looking at the first episode. It was boring, didn't establish an interesting narrative, was poorly edited and felt cheesy at times. That being said I'm sticking with it simply because it's Marvel and I want to give it a chance to come around.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #129
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think only one person said the car was a bit to BTTF, and lets be honest, it kind of is. The characters are what is totally cliche however. Nerdy scientists/tech guy & girl, reluctant seasoned veteran, James Bond type action guy and token new girl conveniently joining the team so Coulson has a reason to explain to her (and the viewer) how everything within S.H.I.E.L.D. works.

As for judging the series, I can only speak for myself but I'm just looking at the first episode. It was boring, didn't establish an interesting narrative, was poorly edited and felt cheesy at times. That being said I'm sticking with it simply because it's Marvel and I want to give it a chance to come around.
Fitz and Simmons? I mean, come on, that even sounds like something Disney would do. Corny.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #130
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Fitz and Simmons? I mean, come on, that even sounds like something Disney would do. Corny.
I know right... cheese.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote