Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #521
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Again Joss Whedon doesn't have anything to do with this series beyond getting it off the ground which includes being a co-creator, producer and directing the pilot episode. Nothing to be proud of for sure but it's hardly his baby.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #522
built2shred
Phoenix

He's shown as a co-creator which means he had to help create the long term vision of this show which so far has been very disappointing... Reminds me of the boring DOLLS series, another show that his brother worked on... Nepotism at it's worse here..

Never liked Buffy the Vampire either, thought it was cheesy as hell but for whatever reason it became really popular with the teen crowd...

The only series I liked of Whedon's was Firefly, perfect casting and great stories.... It's a bummer FOX didn't give it a chance

If Agents of SHIELD keeps it's current ratings it will probably get an second season... But if the ratings take another dip then it will defiantly get the axe..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #523
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Now that we know Skye is some special power being, maybe she'll be Ms. Marvel. Ha! That would shake things up, but would never happen.

Maybe in the big shake up they teased, Coulson will be killed off for good.

The whole Bucky Barnes thing was another weak movie tie-in if you can even call it that. In this continuity, did SHIELD exist back in WWII? Or was there some preceding organization?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #524
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The Strategic Scientific Reserve was the organization that developed the super soldier program in the first Captain America film. It evolves into SHIELD.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/...ntific_Reserve
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #525
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Never liked Buffy the Vampire either, thought it was cheesy as hell but for whatever reason it became really popular with the teen crowd...

The only series I liked of Whedon's was Firefly, perfect casting and great stories.... It's a bummer FOX didn't give it a chance
I've still always loved Buffy and I neer watched it when it originally aired either. It was a slow starter but the character development was amazing by the end.

Firefly was amazing too. I really wish it had been given more of a chance. Thankfully the Serenity movie tied up a lot of the loose ends that the series left off on
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:43 AM   #526
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If Agents of SHIELD keeps it's current ratings it will probably get an second season... But if the ratings take another dip then it will defiantly get the axe..
I'm extremely curious as to where the ratings go now that the Coulson mystery has been revealed.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 AM   #527
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I'm extremely curious as to where the ratings go now that the Coulson mystery has been revealed.
Hmm not sure..

Right now it's averaging around 6 million viewers.. For comparison Firefly averaged 4.8 million viewers and got axed really fast...

I think right now Agents is pretty much on the edge of the cliff... Any more dips in ratings and it's going off..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #528
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Lady Sif will appear in an upcoming episode.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...pisode-15.html
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #529
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Now that we know Skye is some special power being, maybe she'll be Ms. Marvel. Ha! That would shake things up, but would never happen.
id be ok with that.

i thought the Bucky nod was nice. a pleasant reminder that we're in the Marvel universe.

Sif should be good. smart of them to branch out a little more with familiar characters.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #530
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Best show ever.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote