Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #391
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have no love for Catwoman in a black suit with mime white face paint. Ugh.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #392
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Wonder Woman

EX 400

Reg 800
I think she'll be around for $50 off + free s&h
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #393
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I have no love for Catwoman in a black suit with mime white face paint. Ugh.
Agreed, I wouldn't buy that design for $50.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #394
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think she'll be around for $50 off + free s&h
Maybe for the regular edition. But 400 is a small enough edition size and given how much love is there for the Justice League Animated series, I think at least the limited edition will sell out.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:24 PM   #395
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Maybe for the regular edition. But 400 is a small enough edition size and given how much love is there for the Justice League Animated series, I think at least the limited edition will sell out.
Yes, I am content with regular edition.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #396
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I know I'm in the minority, but I like all of these and have and will preorder them all day 1 to show my support for the line. These are all well within the ballpark of accuracy for me. I would like a BTAS Batman in addition to the JL version we're getting. Since they love to do endless Batman statues, it's not hard to believe that we'll get that version/variant later on. My biggest hope is that they do more of the JL. I'd love a Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl at least. While I would love a huge/complete line, I don't need or expect that. Even just these 5 (Batman/WW/Supes/Harley/Joker) would be a nice little collection.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:23 PM   #397
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Not loving Harley's face. It misses the mark. It's just too wicked... there's nothing playful about it.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #398
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It's all in the eyes that Harley looks evil and not playful. But again, Harley herself at times goes very dark. Clearly in this statue she is in her dark phase.

Regardless, I'm buying it. Been a long time since I said that right away upon seeing a SS statue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #399
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I know I'm in the minority, but I like all of these and have and will preorder them all day 1 to show my support for the line. These are all well within the ballpark of accuracy for me. I would like a BTAS Batman in addition to the JL version we're getting. Since they love to do endless Batman statues, it's not hard to believe that we'll get that version/variant later on. My biggest hope is that they do more of the JL. I'd love a Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl at least. While I would love a huge/complete line, I don't need or expect that. Even just these 5 (Batman/WW/Supes/Harley/Joker) would be a nice little collection.
I think the Batman one looks fine, it's just knowing that the "correct" version isn't being made is the problem. Although like you said it should surprise no one if they did this first to get people to buy, and will do the proper one later.

I think Superman looks ok, don't really care for the Wonder Woman though. I imagine they'll make Catwoman and Ivy, and that's about it unless the line does really well.

They'll never do it, but I think a Commissioner Gordon would look really good.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:26 PM   #400
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Count me in for all of them too.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote