Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #551
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
I went for the Sideshow Darkseid myself the new one which hasn't released yet. I just preferred the base on that one. Not sure if you guys have seen it as of yet but I think its the best Darkseid yet.
I like it, too. Still considering it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #552
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I like it, too. Still considering it.
I spoke to the Customer service last week they are considering adding an extra arm swapout attachment either a motherbox or holding a torn superman cape. Would be perfect almost if they do I think.
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:15 PM   #553
SDguy

Quote:
I went for the Sideshow Darkseid myself the new one which hasn't released yet. I just preferred the base on that one. Not sure if you guys have seen it as of yet but I think its the best Darkseid yet.
I like the upcoming SS one too. Seeing as my only 1/4 scale Superman is a MoS movie version though, I am hoping we get a Snyder Darkseid, as I am liking what I've seen so far.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:21 PM   #554
stevo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I like the upcoming SS one too. Seeing as my only 1/4 scale Superman is a MoS movie version though, I am hoping we get a Snyder Darkseid, as I am liking what I've seen so far.
I hear ya the base could be taken from a scene in the film too. But the sculpt will be different. My 1/4 superman is the sideshow on brainiac ship PF. It will go nicely with that. I have the 1/3 superman black hush variant too but that's in a separate room. That's huge by far my biggest.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #555
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I spoke to the Customer service last week they are considering adding an extra arm swapout attachment either a motherbox or holding a torn superman cape. Would be perfect almost if they do I think.
Don't think I've ever seen SS add a new item to a statue this late after a PO. The SS version is cool, but too tall to go with this Supes imo and I don't like the cheese hand. I think the XM looks the most fierce, but it's not his classic costume .
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #556
stevo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Don't think I've ever seen SS add a new item to a statue this late after a PO. The SS version is cool, but too tall to go with this Supes imo and I don't like the cheese hand. I think the XM looks the most fierce, but it's not his classic costume .
We will have to wait and see I guess. I don't mind the hand because it is in the comics but I would prefer an alternate handpiece And yes too big for this one but I think it will go nicely with the SS superman.

I really wanted the XM piece but missed out on it as I only usually order within the UK for XM and I missed out on the piece It's the rebirth version I do like it.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #557
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Looks like I'm going to have to order the Superman with Sideshow. I was hoping to order it with my LCS but Tweeterhead CS told me that Sideshow is the only one releasing Superman. I asked if this was going to be the case going forward with all statues and haven't gotten an answer.

Kinda bummed. I was hoping to support my local shop.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #558
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
Looks like I'm going to have to order the Superman with Sideshow. I was hoping to order it with my LCS but Tweeterhead CS told me that Sideshow is the only one releasing Superman. I asked if this was going to be the case going forward with all statues and haven't gotten an answer.

That’s understandable, but even still, make sure you get this. I doubt we’ll see another Superman sculpt surpass this.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:13 AM   #559
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post

Doesn’t your shop order pieces from Sideshow?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #560
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Doesn’t your shop order pieces from Sideshow?
No, they don't have an account with Sideshow. They are a smaller shop in a college town. More expensive statues don't move for them. The $125 and under price point seems to be the sweet spot for them. The DC Direct statues seemed to move really well for them. Especially the Batman Black and White when they were at $80 and under price point.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote