Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-05-2021, 07:50 AM   #151
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
That reviewer has an atrocious camera to collection quality ratio. The statue doesn't look like that in hand.
The rock on the base is very bland, and there are seams on the insert piece forming part of the inner mouth. It's much darker in person than you'd expect.
The worst thing about it is the 1:3 scale skulls with a 1:4 scale Pred makes him look like a 5'6 cosplayer not a 7'6 monster.
Agree and I stand by my earlier Post#141

"Bit concerned about the simplified sculpt here and there.
His dreads grouped together with plain black paint.
Straps and buckles flattened in sculpt of arm and legs (which is a shame, bcs design is nice).
Some seams not lining up or out of place.
Like mentioned by others the skulls on the base (one molten part)"

For all >1000$ statues companies have to maximize their efforts, in sculpt details, the paint and overall execution. If not, it is a waste of time/money and materials.

Really curious if Prime succeeds this with the upcoming BG Predator 1 and Wall Art Pred 2 statues. if they fail with those, I guess they can go full Marvel like SS..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:45 AM   #152
ozboy
Birdman

I should have also added that it does have great presence, is extremely heavy (if that's important) and is a solid Predator piece overall. Just with the upcoming pieces coming out I can't see it cracking anyone's top 5 Predator statues 1:4 or bigger.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:13 AM   #153
dao2
Cyclops

Having a good camera is a + but also you should know how to use it. I've used decent cameras before but all my photos look like ---- :| And lighting isn't all camera work.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:54 AM   #154
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Does anyone know how much the Big Game 1/4 Comic Predator weighs in it's box?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #155
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm trying to figure out where they got the design for the bio-mask head on this piece. I assumed it was from one of the comic covers for Big Game but I can't find the helmet design in my own Big Game graphic novel or in any of the individual comic covers I've been looking at online.

I guess it was just an original design by Prime 1. The reason I ask is because I don't want to spend extra cash on the deluxe version if that bio-mask was never actually depicted in artwork featuring this predator.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #156
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I'm trying to figure out where they got the design for the bio-mask head on this piece. I assumed it was from one of the comic covers for Big Game but I can't find the helmet design in my own Big Game graphic novel or in any of the individual comic covers I've been looking at online.

I guess it was just an original design by Prime 1. The reason I ask is because I don't want to spend extra cash on the deluxe version if that bio-mask was never actually depicted in artwork featuring this predator.
I'm pretty sure Prime 1 took some liberties and made a stylized mask of their own?

The cover's on the comics of the bio-mask look more like the JH mask than this one.... however it may have been sourced from a page in the books of one of the other predators wearing this one perhaps?

I'm not really up for thumbing through them to check at the moment, but maybe someone else will know more. I'd like to know myself.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #157
Xenoburger

I already flipped through every page of Big Game, and it's definitely not the same mask. The mask in Big Game is a more generic, P1-esque version. This design must have been made-up by Prime 1.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:00 AM   #158
Python
Omega Red

I don't really do comics, so I'd assumed it was lifted straight from one. But having actually thought about it since you asked. It is very reminiscent of, and clearly inspired by the AVP pyramid guard bio mask, just more angular with a longer/thinner "nose". Unless of course it is in a comic somewhere and the inspiration is the other way around....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #159
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I don't really do comics, so I'd assumed it was lifted straight from one. But having actually thought about it since you asked. It is very reminiscent of, and clearly inspired by the AVP pyramid guard bio mask, just more angular with a longer/thinner "nose". Unless of course it is in a comic somewhere and the inspiration is the other way around....
Oh, I totally forgot about that. I think I had come to that same conclusion at some point.