Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-06-2021, 04:20 PM   #41
qz33
Rescue

That room is pretty epic man. Definitely the shiniest I've ever seen.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:59 PM   #42
Vader
Ghost

which one do you prefer? the sideshow one, or this new one?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:14 PM   #43
qz33
Rescue

From these pictures and lighting, I'd say the Genisys one though I do like the gun with the Sideshow one. I like the Captain Morgan of the Genisys one, wish he was firing a weapon.

I'm usually a purist but I'm not attached to a strict original Terminator design especially since the Genisys one is so similar.
In the end whichever one doesn't flake and holds up with the test of time would be my preference.

EDIT: Just realized you are probably asking the actual owner!, duh
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:48 AM   #44
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
After 2 years it finally arrived this week. Took me almost 2 hours to unpack and to assemble. Lordie, Lordie that base is heavy!!

Congrats! Looks awesome, incredibly detailed and super cool collection, I can be in that room all day :-)
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:16 AM   #45
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Congrats! Looks awesome, incredibly detailed and super cool collection, I can be in that room all day :-)
Yeah it's actually time for my daily jogging round, but I'm still sitting here and can't leave my eyes from my latest beauty...

-------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
which one do you prefer? the sideshow one, or this new one?
It's always difficult to stay unbiased when you just received your latest collectible and it has blown your mind and all you can look at when you enter the room is that new trophy in your collection.

But to be honest, the Sideshow version 1 is still the crown jewel in my collection. It alway was.
I must admit the chrome quality of the Cinemaquette life-size tops even the chrome of the Sideshow version 1. That chrome is super bright and shiny. The endo itself comes with far more details and it's also as heavy as SS's.

SS stays my favourite but don't get me wrong: that Cinemaquette life-size is simply awesome. No match to the Chronicle version in terms of posing, material quality nor chrome plating.

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
From these pictures and lighting, I'd say the Genisys one though I do like the gun with the Sideshow one. I like the Captain Morgan of the Genisys one, wish he was firing a weapon.

I'm usually a purist but I'm not attached to a strict original Terminator design especially since the Genisys one is so similar.
In the end whichever one doesn't flake and holds up with the test of time would be my preference.

EDIT: Just realized you are probably asking the actual owner!, duh
I'm not a purist at all but the gun is definitely a big plus. Cinemaquette should have put a gun in the endo's hand. Would have looked awesome, the rifle resting on its shoulder, pointing in a 45 degrees' angle to the top.
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #46
Vader
Ghost

the sideshow has the pedigree from being from terminator 2. Genysis is just not the same level of movie.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #47
Vader
Ghost

nice endo though.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:03 AM   #48
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Yeah it's actually time for my daily jogging round, but I'm still sitting here and can't leave my eyes from my latest beauty...

-------------------

It's always difficult to stay unbiased when you just received your latest collectible and it has blown your mind and all you can look at when you enter the room is that new trophy in your collection.

But to be honest, the Sideshow version 1 is still the crown jewel in my collection. It alway was.
I must admit the chrome quality of the Cinemaquette life-size tops even the chrome of the Sideshow version 1. That chrome is super bright and shiny. The endo itself comes with far more details and it's also as heavy as SS's.

SS stays my favourite but don't get me wrong: that Cinemaquette life-size is simply awesome. No match to the Chronicle version in terms of posing, material quality nor chrome plating.

----------------------

I'm not a purist at all but the gun is definitely a big plus. Cinemaquette should have put a gun in the endo's hand. Would have looked awesome, the rifle resting on its shoulder, pointing in a 45 degrees' angle to the top.

Just noticed both life size endos look like they have extra cables? Is that something custom that you've added?

The 1/2 scale sideshow, how'd you get the arm gun pointing upwards?
Old 03-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #49
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Just noticed both life size endos look like they have extra cables? Is that something custom that you've added?

The 1/2 scale sideshow, how'd you get the arm gun pointing upwards?
I call you Mr. Eagle's eyes from now on.
Yes I added some metal tubes (the same being used for spot-light lamps) on the shoulders of each Endo.

And with the weapons'arm of my 1/2 scale I used an old, common trick: brute force
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:17 AM   #50
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
I call you Mr. Eagle's eyes from now on.
Yes I added some metal tubes (the same being used for spot-light lamps) on the shoulders of each Endo.

And with the weapons'arm of my 1/2 scale I used an old, common trick: brute force
Haha I'm just crazy about endo details! Only recently noticed (from a video) the endo is standing on top of a destroyed torso with a microchip as part of the debris, I think that's a really nice touch to the base. A+ statue for me, both accuracy and aesthetics is spot on.

The 1/2 scale actually looks more badass and lively with the gun facing up!