Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #111
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
So they stopped packaging prints with statues and are going to sell them now? I know they are just a company and the main goal is to haul in money, but that just feels wrong to me.
I'm not happy about it too. The only saving grace for Ssc is that the prints are bigger. It sucks that some of the art prints are on the box (artgerm). What wa waste as Ssc could had made prints out of that.

I'm only interested in the artgerm prints anyways so hopefully I can get most of them. Don't know where I am going to put them though.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #112
dechirico7
The Flash

Most of us complained about prints being exclusives. Seems like Sideshow listened. So now we are complaining about them not including the prints with statues....Some just complain to complain.

I don't mind the separate prints. I really didn't do anything with the ones that I got with my statues. There were actually one or two that I didn't like at all.

So I think this is a good idea. I'd rather have switch-out pieces with my exclusives and then the opportunity to pick out prints I like.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #113
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Most of us complained about prints being exclusives. Seems like Sideshow listened. So now we are complaining about them not including the prints with statues....Some just complain to complain.

I don't mind the separate prints. I really didn't do anything with the ones that I got with my statues. There were actually one or two that I didn't like at all.

So I think this is a good idea. I'd rather have switch-out pieces with my exclusives and then the opportunity to pick out prints I like.
You do know by Ssc not including prints like there past statues, the consumer is paying significantly more plus additional shipping. I personally rather have prints then a switch out hair piece and day of the week.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #114
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
You do know by Ssc not including prints like there past statues, the consumer is paying significantly more plus additional shipping. I personally rather have prints then a switch out hair piece and day of the week.
Increased prices are a part of the game.
Just because two recent statues just have hair changes doesn't mean that is the norm. It isn't. I'd rather have a switch out power hand or portrait than a print. Just my opinion. I am pretty sure a switch-out piece costs more than a print. And I am basing that on prints we got with the pieces, not these higher quality prints they are going to be doing. I didn't think anything special of the in-box prints. The paper quality wasn't anything great.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #115
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Those prints were garbage. They often came damaged , had no sig or number on the print which meant they could easily be thrown on a copier . Not to mention they were tiny. Good riddance to those
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #116
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Those prints were garbage. They often came damaged , had no sig or number on the print which meant they could easily be thrown on a copier . Not to mention they were tiny. Good riddance to those
They were a nice tag-along, but yeah, not the highest quality.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #117
demonhunter
Kingpin

Personally, if I were to get EX versions, I'd rather have prints as EX than switch out portraits.

Anyhow, these are the prints I'm looking forward to most from SideShow.

Vampirella, Power Girl and Batgirl.

I understand it's a hobby, it's a collectible, it's nice to have something very special that very few people would have, and thus making one who has it very proud and happy with it.

However, I might be in the minority, but I would like to say that being a collector,personally, it's also about the joy of collecting, the passion for the characters, the joy of sharing. So, when any collectible , be it a statue or print becomes too limited by edition size & price, then it is no longer a joy for me.

It never diminishes my joy when for example the edition size of the Star Wars metallic ink print from Hero Complex Gallery is only closed & decided after all the orders are recorded and taken.

It never diminishes my joy when more people have the same thing as I do. I feel happy for them too.

Just my opinion. Thanks.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #118
Joppula
Marshal Law

The PowerGirl print and statue shall be mine! Please release a Superman to accompany the statue as well!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #119
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Personally, if I were to get EX versions, I'd rather have prints as EX than switch out portraits.

Anyhow, these are the prints I'm looking forward to most from SideShow.

Vampirella, Power Girl and Batgirl.

I understand it's a hobby, it's a collectible, it's nice to have something very special that very few people would have, and thus making one who has it very proud and happy with it.

However, I might be in the minority, but I would like to say that being a collector,personally, it's also about the joy of collecting, the passion for the characters, the joy of sharing. So, when any collectible , be it a statue or print becomes too limited by edition size & price, then it is no longer a joy for me.

It never diminishes my joy when for example the edition size of the Star Wars metallic ink print from Hero Complex Gallery is only closed & decided after all the orders are recorded and taken.

It never diminishes my joy when more people have the same thing as I do. I feel happy for them too.

Just my opinion. Thanks.
Dont forget the thrill of the hunt also.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #120
VS1976

I hope they make more then 100 Es for the artgerm prints. Those are the ones I only want from Ssc and I don't want to miss out on them. 200-300 Es would be a good number.