Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #31
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Alex, are these just teaser photos or are the pictures larger, like of Kier in the video?
The DC and Marvel images are just teases. The actual Premium Art Prints have much more of the character shown (like the Court of the Dead ones).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #32
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nice...hope shipping is reasonable....and the price for each print to be no more the $35 to $40 each.

Will SSC do variant prints since everyone like variant statues lol?

PS... I will be pissed if SSC re-release the Queen of the Dead print since I paid ridiculous amount of money for 1.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #33
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
It's about damn time! This is great news!! Now I can finally add a legit, non-bootleg version of Poison Ivy to my statue.

Each prestigious print will be highly limited, hand-numbered editions, featuring a penciled artist’s signature, and unique emboss for authenticity. Select art prints will be further enhanced by spot gloss varnish and custom framing options.

Doesn't say what the size is yet, but with all of these features, I hope the keep the price reasonable between $50-100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Then you should be happy with the price point when all is revealed next week! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Nice...hope shipping is reasonable....and the price for each print to be no more the $35 to $40 each.

PS... I will be pissed if SSC re-release the Queen of the Dead print since I paid ridiculous amount of money for 1.
it looks like there will be a Queen one, according to the video. Which kinds of sucks for the collectors that got that initial print.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #34
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Might be interested in COTD prints.
BUT, that is also $50 I can put toward the piece itself.
And I am definitely more of a statue person, than print person.
Yes i too see this as one of the problems but for me i will probably have to have all of the COTD prints as they are all numbered….

This is great great news though… Bout time Sideshow listens to us and gives us limited edition prints!!

Quote:
it looks like there will be a Queen one, according to the video. Which kinds of sucks for the collectors that got that initial print.
Well they can't do the exact same one as it was only limited to 50 of them, wouldnt be fair for the 50 people who paid money for one of those and then they slapped another 200+ prints on top of that, wouldnt make much sense but has Sideshow always made sense??

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #35
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I will get my own frames. IMO, the COTD pieces should be in huge, ornate frames. Should be interesting to see what the ESs end up being. Limited really doesn't mean much anymore. If they are limited to 50, that would peak my interest.
50 ES? are you freakin serious? That's all we need is more mondo type garbage that sells out in 30 seconds. I'd rather them make these with big ES's so people that actually want one, get one. It's not like these are gonna cost hundreds of dollars unless you get the framed option. If the ES isn't set from the beginning, they should allow open ES for 24 hours, then add a few on top of the number of orders, then close the ES and number it.

Quote:

I will be pissed if it doesn't get released. It was BS that Lau only had them available for one event. These look higher quality than a convention print.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #36
VS1976

Quote:
Yah.. I saw the seal on the Queen print and I'm not happy about it. It's like doing reprints of comic book. Really devalues what a limited edition numbered print is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
50 ES? are you freakin serious? That's all we need is more mondo type garbage that sells out in 30 seconds. I'd rather them make these with big ES's so people that actually want one, get one. It's not like these are gonna cost hundreds of dollars unless you get the framed option. If the ES isn't set from the beginning, they should allow open ES for 24 hours, then add a few on top of the number of orders and close it.

I will be pissed if it doesn't get released. It was BS that Lau only had them available for one event. These look higher quality than a convention print.
The queen print that was first release is no where the same quality as most convention prints. It had metallic finish to it. IMHO, SSC should not re-release it. That is why I paid so much for it in the first place. If you want something that is sold out, you have to pay the piper.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #37
azurepred
Zot

better sell it while you can then
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #38
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:

The Queen print to be released will be about triple the size of the very limited one sold at Monsterpalooza, will include a special varnish hit on parts of it, and will be much more expensive.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #39
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
better sell it while you can then
Yah.. what about the frame I just paid for it? Essentially, my print is no longer worth what I paid for it.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #40
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The Queen print to be released will be about triple the size of the very limited one sold at Monsterpalooza, will include a special varnish hit on parts of it, and will be much more expensive.
That clears it up a bit if it's triple the size. I guess that is okay then. Couple of these prints framed will take up your whole wall space in no time.