Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 07-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #11
Underdog07
Hercules

He needed the extra table space because he had not accounted for the table size differentials due to the metric system
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #12
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

nah, they were needed to contain his ego!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #13
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is where con organisers should be on top of things.They need dedicated people in all areas and not just the media guest areas.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #14
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Haha, I already liked Mark Waid's work, but now I have mad respect for him. I hope that when he does meet this guy that someone gets video of it.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #15
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
This is where con organisers should be on top of things.They need dedicated people in all areas and not just the media guest areas.
Exacty. No one that worked for the convention noticed Arthur was setting up in 4 spots?
Old 07-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Exacty. No one that worked for the convention noticed Arthur was setting up in 4 spots?

It was more like the artists who were bumped preferred to be gracious about it and moved without real incident.

As I was at this con, I can say I was a bit disappointed by a few things. Some of the artists like Darwyn Cooke and Mike Zeck were not doing commissions. What was perhaps even more unfortunate was that so few of the artists (including those mentioned above, and others like Jae Lee and Kevin Maguire and so on) actually brought original art to sell. Sure, there were lots of $20 prints to buy -- but I'm not really into these mini posters at all. Buying artwork directly from an artist while attending con in Canada could mean huge savings for local fans (i.e., no shipping costs, or brokerage fees, taxes, less risk of damage, etc). The other sad part is that the freebie quickie sketch very much appears to be a thing of the past...
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #17
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yeah I wanted a Mike Zeck but since he wasn't doing anything I got one from Geof Isherwood.And Risingstar good to meet you at Hayley Atwell's line.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

So, he gets away with this because the other artists and the con organizers fear reprisals from him? Arthur Suydam? Seriously? I never got into the whole Zombie thing and I don't see him as one of the kind of artists that people go to cons to see (for me it's kind of "hey, there's that zombie guy" when I see his table).

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #19
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
So, he gets away with this because the other artists and the con organizers fear reprisals from him? Arthur Suydam? Seriously? I never got into the whole Zombie thing and I don't see him as one of the kind of artists that people go to cons to see (for me it's kind of "hey, there's that zombie guy" when I see his table).
Dave, didn't you read his bio? He was the first man on the moon and he found the cure for cancer he just hasn't deemed us worthy to share the info yet.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #20
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Haha, I already liked Mark Waid's work, but now I have mad respect for him. I hope that when he does meet this guy that someone gets video of it.
Well, as a counterpoint, Ethan Van Sciver's backing Suydam on Twitter and asserting that Manapul, Parent, and Richey "were in the wrong place" and that Richey's launched an "unwarranted" attack on Suydam. So you can lose some respect for him while you're at it.

God knows I did. This is EVS' "Patrick Zircher sticking up for Randy Queen's censorship antics" moment.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote