Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-24-2019, 12:30 AM   #411
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This looks good I like it. Better than I expected. But the new prices for big characters has been set now 1400.00? What a new ball park for prices. They are now in fan art, xm, p1 price ranges. They know people are complaining but always pay that much for the other companies. It will sell out lol.... But also I'm sure some will feel the pain with these new prices. To me it's absurd that this is more than the massive p1 ivy, batman, superman, etc. Wow this sets the bar to another new high to see what's the limit for collectors. Imo I think collectors will start to feel the pain at 1600-2000.00 a pf. That might be the start of the end as far as the masses go. We shall see. There is still a lot of people with money in this hobby. This will probably be a bit small in size like the last hulks, but I actually like the sculpt. Looks pretty good! Sales will fall from statues but ss will make it up with selling other things like prints, back packs, purses, figurines, and all that piles of stuff on their site. Maybe cutting down on the super massive fancy displays at the headquarters may help a bit. If this was double the size I can work with the pricing.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:40 AM   #412
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
At least with Juggie you get another statue in Kitty P so if she ever gets made to PF you don’t have to buy that.
As far as I’m concerned the Kitty Ex is a full statue, which excels in showing her mutant abilities.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #413
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This looks good I like it. Better than I expected. But the new prices for big characters has been set now 1400.00? What a new ball park for prices. They are now in fan art, xm, p1 price ranges. They know people are complaining but always pay that much for the other companies. It will sell out lol.... But also I'm sure some will feel the pain with these new prices. To me it's absurd that this is more than the massive p1 ivy, batman, superman, etc. Wow this sets the bar to another new high to see what's the limit for collectors. Imo I think collectors will start to feel the pain at 1600-2000.00 a pf. That might be the start of the end as far as the masses go. We shall see. There is still a lot of people with money in this hobby. This will probably be a bit small in size like the last hulks, but I actually like the sculpt. Looks pretty good! Sales will fall from statues but ss will make it up with selling other things like prints, back packs, purses, figurines, and all that piles of stuff on their site. Maybe cutting down on the super massive fancy displays at the headquarters may help a bit. If this was double the size I can work with the pricing.
Honestly Sideshow pricing pieces this high, has pretty much already encouraged me to move on from their pieces. While at the same time my Prime 1 preorders look like better value every single day. More so when Sideshow put up new preorders.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #414
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Sales will fall from statues but ss will make it up with selling other things like prints, back packs, purses, figurines, and all that piles of stuff on their site. Maybe cutting down on the super massive fancy displays at the headquarters may help a bit. If this was double the size I can work with the pricing.
They're even selling movie screen shots lol can only imagine whats next.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:50 AM   #415
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Packaged dust/ash from Thanos’ snap!!
Old 04-24-2019, 01:06 AM   #416
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Watches. seriously they are on the site.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #417
ovirfo
Fantastic Four

Thank you Sideshow for disparaging European buyers again.
If they want to copy the big companies, they start putting more heads or accessories in the regular edition.
ovirfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #418
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The price are higher but we can't deny that the painting is much more complex than other products made by Prime 1 studio or XM. And complex means expensive.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 AM   #419
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
The price are higher but we can't deny that the painting is much more complex than other products made by Prime 1 studio or XM. And complex means expensive.
Tell that to the Prime 1 1:3 Mr Freeze, that's as complex as they come!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #420
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Except 90% of the time their factories can't reproduce the proto paints so it's a wash anyways.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote