Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #891
Y3E
Gen 13

I hate unboxing my statues, no matter what the packaging is. I hate even more putting the statues back in the box. I really do not like SS styrofoam casket. It can be a b!tch putting the pieces back in. Also, I never had the pleasure of unboxing a XM statue but have bought customs that mimic XM style packaging. Stupid CBSA cut the strapping on one of mine.

Anyways, I do agree SS needs to step up with the packaging. But, I do not care about artbox. Said before and will say it again
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #892
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Well the board seems split in that regard.

Yes, the statue IS the most important thing, but that is not the only thing.

One aspect that has probably kept SS in business while others floundered is their excellent CS. I've heard brand loyalty mentioned several times due to the trust they developed with their CS.

How many people wouldn't even consider dropping this much cash without that trust?

So it is not just ONE THING that makes such a trivial purchase possible (who NEEDS a room full of comic book statues?) But there is an entire experience from preview, social media, trust, finished product and CS (especially if you have issues). You start messing with these elements and you mess up your business model.

While any one aspect of that may not matter to you, it will matter to some segment of their customer base.
Different strokes for sure.

The art boxes cost money so maybe they could sell without and offer the customer the option to pay more if they want a fancy box that will sit in storage. I'd opt for the lower price every time.

Problem is that they would probably just keep the same base price (which is already too high) and add more to the price if this was an option.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #893
Biggunz
Loki

haha that’s true
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #894
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really don't care about an art box. I just wish they would package statues like XM does. A solid box, reinforced corners, quality Styrofoam and the box has a lid. The Velcro straps is just icing on the cake. The top loading box SS does is annoying and difficult to slide out the Styrofoam. I've only had one XM piece and I'm already spoiled.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #895
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I I've only had one XM piece and I'm already spoiled.
I have my First Two XM pieces on order, Mystique & White Suit Magneto and I'm Really looking forward to the experience!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:21 AM   #896
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Disagreement ≠ "not getting it."

You feel strongly about this, clearly. That's fine. Just don't expect everyone else to get their pitchforks out.
Point is that if no-one raises their voices it could be that they just go on cutting corners and raise prices (like using PVC, hollow statues, less detailed paintjobs but still "ok", ...) trying to gauge what will still be accepted by collectors. As long as no-one cares that's fine to them, best thing that can happen. I think it's good to have the complete range of opinions here. Since SSC reads our posts it's very important that they are aware.

I do store art boxes in the basement and never look back as well, but still I want one. Especially for that really high (over)priced items.

This comes from a SSC fan from day one... ok not exactly day one, started 2007.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:20 AM   #897
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Point is that if no-one raises their voices it could be that they just go on cutting corners and raise prices (like using PVC, hollow statues, less detailed paintjobs but still "ok", ...) trying to gauge what will still be accepted by collectors. As long as no-one cares that's fine to them, best thing that can happen. I think it's good to have the complete range of opinions here. Since SSC reads our posts it's very important that they are aware.

I do store art boxes in the basement and never look back as well, but still I want one. Especially for that really high (over)priced items.

This comes from a SSC fan from day one... ok not exactly day one, started 2007.

Chris
Thank you for understanding and making sense!

Though I really feel that no amount of sense and reason can undo the brainwashing these people impose to themselves....
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 AM   #898
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

you guys are preaching morality all of a sudden..

LOL stick to comic book heroes, you don't sound like the moral majority nor does anyone rational take advice from complete strangers on the internet seriously..

and WTF is with this passive aggressive "..." ?

are we suppose to care?

maybe there is no art box for these select releases because both these items ship in multiple boxes with different dimensions.

The fact that the item is likely to arrive unscathed should be commendable, not scorned.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #899
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Watched the SSC vid and this piece does look great. The monster on the base looks incredibly real and disgusting lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I really don't care about an art box. I just wish they would package statues like XM does. A solid box, reinforced corners, quality Styrofoam and the box has a lid. The Velcro straps is just icing on the cake. The top loading box SS does is annoying and difficult to slide out the Styrofoam. I've only had one XM piece and I'm already spoiled.
XM packaging is definitely the GOAT. I think the art box with shipper weighs more than the statue lol. Solid stuff. Velcro straps are great. No tape to mess with (i.e. P1). I only wish XM used the silky cloth like P1.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #900
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
you guys are preaching morality all of a sudden..

LOL stick to comic book heroes, you don't sound like the moral majority nor does anyone rational take advice from complete strangers on the internet seriously..

and WTF is with this passive aggressive "..." ?

are we suppose to care?

maybe there is no art box for these select releases because both these items ship in multiple boxes with different dimensions.

The fact that the item is likely to arrive unscathed should be commendable, not scorned.

I have no issue with people speaking their piece on a subject and moving on. It's when they aggressively re-state their opinion ad-nauseum, like its a holy crusade, and sling insults at anyone with a differing opinion, telling them that they're "stupid," "wrong," and/or "brain-washed."
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote