Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

usa basketball loses to greece!

once again usa crumbles in international play..the dream team days are over. a bronze is the best they can win.. i think they need to focus on team play more, they should grab more college players who haven t been corrupted by the streetball style of the NEW nba.its a dissapointment though because they were playing prettty well
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy
once again usa crumbles in international play..the dream team days are over. a bronze is the best they can win.. i think they need to focus on team play more, they should grab more college players who haven t been corrupted by the streetball style of the NEW nba.its a dissapointment though because they were playing prettty well
Basketball has become a World Sport now... pretty soon you will see us doing as good in Basketball as we do in Soceer... Well alright... maybe not to that extreme but the days of Basketball dominance is over...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

i do think dominance is over, but i still think that usa will consistently be a perennial favorite. they just seem to be more committed towards dunking and posterizing people. they have to get back to fundamentals. greece beat them by just using high screens to a shooter.. i truly think that if they keep this core team together and just add some more complimentary players (like battier, bowen and what not) they will win most international games. coach k knows what needs to be done..i wish the nba players would take some pride in playing for their country .. that to me is the greatest honor in sports and i think they need to embrace that.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
i do think dominance is over, but i still think that usa will consistently be a perennial favorite. they just seem to be more committed towards dunking and posterizing people. they have to get back to fundamentals. greece beat them by just using high screens to a shooter.. i truly think that if they keep this core team together and just add some more complimentary players (like battier, bowen and what not) they will win most international games. coach k knows what needs to be done..i wish the nba players would take some pride in playing for their country .. that to me is the greatest honor in sports and i think they need to embrace that.
pride & $$$$$$$ are 2 different things
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Good.Im happy they lost.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

now now coca...im actually happy too..maybe they will get their act together and stop filling the team with high paid selfish superstars..im just shocked that iit was greece and not france or argentina...carmelo is blossoming though
Old 09-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
now now coca...im actually happy too..maybe they will get their act together and stop filling the team with high paid selfish superstars..im just shocked that iit was greece and not france or argentina...carmelo is blossoming though
I say Carmelo is better then Lebron James.But I dont like James cause of all the hype about him.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

i think carmelo is more well rounded im not too big of a lebron fan...i prefer d wade and ray allen
Old 09-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #9
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
i think carmelo is more well rounded im not too big of a lebron fan...i prefer d wade and ray allen
You mean Flash and Jesus.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

correct they got game
i like paul pierce too hes got a sick jumper with a hand in his face