Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #1571
Mister H
Green Goblin

For the price, that is one the absolute best statues produced by DC. They took a concept by a great artist, picked a great pose and put a reasonable (even cheap?) price on it. There isn’t any room in my display for WW but I may have to make room.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #1572
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Was going to be an instant buy for me. Now I will wait it out. I prefered the one on the left.
Same.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #1573
DCollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Here is the cover for reference.

You guys are right about the hair. I didn't even notice it when I looked at it really quick last night. The portrait is what I focused on. The hair from the left is definitely more detailed and resemble the cover more. I would have to give the portrait to the right as the one that looks more like the cover. The colors also look more lively on the right, but they may have chose to mute it some on the left to make it more like the cover, which doesn't work IMO.

I would like to see DC keep the portrait of the right and keep the hair from the one on the left per bionicbigfoot's side by side compare.

I actually canceled my PO a couple weeks back because I started having second thoughts about the portrait resembling the cover, but after seeing the toyfair pic, I PO'ed it back. At any rate, I don't think there is any worry about this selling out anyway. If they improve upon the hair, it would be even better.
DCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:17 PM   #1574
DCollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just came across this picture and wanted to share. Didn't see these in the previous posts so I apologize in advance if this has already been posted before.

DCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:47 AM   #1575
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up XOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCollector View Post
I just came across this picture and wanted to share. Didn't see these in the previous posts so I apologize in advance if this has already been posted before.

She’s so pretty. She reminds me of Madison Beer in her “Hurts Like Hell” music video.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:58 AM   #1576
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCollector View Post

It still looks pretty good. The original had a more natural/realistic look to me but this one has a nice stylised look.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #1577
khrisc
The X-Men

Who is ordering the Frank Miller one? looks so tiny beside Nightwing
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #1578
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Everytime I see that Nightwing I think it should be the start of a Jim Lee Hush 1/6 line. All based on that poster. I love the Prime 1 Batman but, there's never going to be a way I can afford that. I really want a Tim Drake Robin, especially since they never made one from the action figure line.

CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #1579
Gothamite
Phoenix

Some of the Designer Series statues are on display in the DC Daily studio. Green Lantern's angle seems to be pretty extreme, lol.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #1580
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I like the pose!
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote